• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character...help

Thanee

First Post
CyberSpyder said:
Oh, Faerun. What unbalanced things won't you introduce?

Hmm... Clerics (;)), Frenzied Berserkers, Ur-Priests, Psions, Frost Mages, Shapechange, Gate, Miracle, ...

Just to name a few. ;)

Really, there is no more unbalanced stuff in the Faerûn books than in all the others.
And there is quite a bit in them, which is better balanced than comparable stuff from other books, too. :)

Bye
Thanee

Rystil Arden

First Post
werk said:
I'm gonna challenge that. Just because you dislike a setting doesn't mean you need to tell everyone that the setting sucks. I don't see where Seph, the OP, is asking for help but doesn't want FR info...
edit: Seph actually calls them moon elves, an FR term...

I see a lot of FR bashing on these boards, and it's ok if people feel that way (with hate seething in their hearts) but it is another to pollute fresh young gamers with that obviously biased (and IMHO wrong) information.

Try to stick to the thread topic without slinging mud (please).

Your favorite band sucks!
I'm going to challenge your challenge: I really like the Forgotten Realms. It is one of the settings that I have used the most throughout the years, besides my homebrew. When I was younger, I even used to read the novels.

But that aside, I do not like Player's Guide to Faerun. It introduces things that are absolutely crazy. My favourite for just not making sense (although it isn't the most powerful) is the Initiate of Mystra feat that is not only extraordinarily powerful in combos but also makes no sense based on the definition of Dead Magic zones as a place where the Weave is too damaged for magic to work. This feat gives your character a power that Mystra herself doesn't have.

Seph

First Post
does anyone know what that race is called....from the book players guide to Faerun....it has the same assimar abilities but no LA

werk

First Post
Seph said:
does anyone know what that race is called....from the book players guide to Faerun....it has the same assimar abilities but no LA

I believe it is aasimar, they are under planetouched. It's just another variation, like all the different versions of drow.

I play a deathtouched, from dragon 313. They get a +4 Cha, but have a +1LA.

Remove ads