• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Levels

What level did your character start at, what level is he now?

• Low (1st-6th) - Low (1st-6th)

Votes: 59 30.1%
  • Low (1st-6th) - Med (7th-12th)

Votes: 68 34.7%
  • Low (1st-6th) - High (13th-19th)

Votes: 30 15.3%
  • Low (1st-6th) - Epic (20+)

Votes: 17 8.7%
  • Med (7th-12th) - Med (7th-12th)

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Med (7th-12th) - High (13th-19th)

Votes: 7 3.6%
  • Med (7th-12th) - Epic (20+)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • High (13th-19th) - High (13th-19th)

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • High (13th-19th) - Epic (20+)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • Epic (20+) - Epic (20+)

Votes: 2 1.0%
  • I dont play 3E. ;-)

Votes: 3 1.5%

Gizzard

First Post
In your current campaign, what level did your character start at and what level is he now? Low = 1-6, Medium = 7-12, High = 13-19, Epic = 20+.

-edit-
If you have more than one campaign, pick your favorite.

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
My group interchanges DM-ing duties regularly, so we have 3 campaigns in progress now.

1) Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil: started 4, now at 13.

2) Homebrew campaign: started 4 (joined campaign later), now at 5

3) Greyhawk campaign - I'm DMing, so no PC for me, but the others started at 1 and are at 5.

Gizzard

First Post
Interesting so far. 17 votes and the vast majority started at low level. I kinda wish I had room to differentiate between starting at level 1 and starting with some levels behind you. Oh well, the poll is already a bit bulky at 11 choices.

And one Epic level character plus a smattering of high-levels.

I'm the DM right now, but I'm going to vouch for my players. They started 7th level, and are still 7th level. We have only played one session under these characters.

am181d

Adventurer
I've been running my game since round abouts October 2000. The group started at 1st level and they're at 15th now. BUT they're advancing Pendragon style (one level per adventure, one adventure per game year, w/each adventure taking about a month of real time).

The current "mega-adventure" wraps up a lot of the major plotlines for the campaign and is likely to run a little long. My hope is to finish up the entire the whole thing (at 20th) around August. Then maybe a short Epic follow-up, and then on to 3.5.

Gizzard

First Post
Mmm, if I responded for the players in the game I am DMing, they've gone from 1st to 2nd over 5 sessions - which is five months of real time. But I only voted for my own character, who is on hiatus while I hold the DM token. ;-)

Oreon Starfall

First Post
All three of my major third edition characters have started at level 1. halfling rogue (retired at 4)
2. High Elf Fighter/Rogue/Duelist (retired at 10)
3. Wood Elf Ranger/Fighter/Divine Champ/Tempest (currently 13).

In the game I'm DMing, the characters are hitting third and fourth level this week.

Rangler

First Post
i'm DMing one game where the chars began at 4th and now they're 7th but ummmm they tend to die all the time....
like when they met the Bodak, the fighter and cleric got killed by teh lill gaze attack....now that's ironic considering the rouge and wizard survived.....

in the other one i'm a PC runnin around with a righteous Assimar cleric, he's only 5th lvl so i'm having fun with that one.....

Nathan

First Post
My favorite character started at 1st class level with ECL 3. Now, she's class level 9. It took about 12 months to get there.

I am also DMing the CotSQ campaign. Players there started at 10th level and are currently at the begining of the 13th level.

Usually I prefer to start at low levels and go up about ten levels per year.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads