• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Name Generator

Murrdox

First Post
I'm really really picky okay? So bear with me here.

I'm starting a new D&D campaign soon. I've been stuck as a player for a couple years, and the reigns have finally passed to me.

I'm looking for an NPC name generator... SPECIFICALLY (this would be great) a Forgotten Realms character generator.

See, the problem is I have lots of Elves in my campaign, and I'm HORRIBLE at coming up with Elvish names that are also Forgotten Realms-ish.

Wizards of the Coast has an NPC name generator on their site which I've played with... but the Elven names that it generates sound very Greyhawk-ish.

I might, in desperation, just turn to the indexes of "Return of the King" and pick out random Elvish names... I find that Forgotten Realms elves are very similar to Tolkien elves in terms of language and names.

Fargoth

First Post
I believe so. I purchased it many years ago and use it almost exclusively. It's pretty easy to create your own generation files as well.

Murrdox

First Post
Bront said:
Elves have different names in different settings?

If you look at Greyhawk vs Forgotten Realms, the typical Elven names are slightly differently styled. I don't really know exactly how to describe it, other than saying that FR elves have more Tolkien-esque names. By that I mean typically sounding more "airy" with more L's and I's for example.

Remove ads