• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Relationships

S

Ssussunriyh

Bianca Ssussunriyh (screen name Loremistress) would like to inform whom it may concern that her social life is nobody's damn business but her own. And no, she's not "in the market" for a significant other. So all you guys can stop bugging her, thank you very much.:mage:

Aesynil

First Post
*Watches as Bianca ruthlessly crushes his fragile lil' hopes 'n dreams...curls up in his corner and cries his heart out*
Ya know, Bianca...I c'n still hit on ya, even if you're Not on the market, so nyah :p

Erm..family..family..Not much from me. I doubt anybody remembers the Ismar brothers ;) Likewise, I don't think many recall Atechi and Seralias.

Edwin has a brother...Darned if I remember it, though :D The player hasn't been around for over a year now.

Ji'Tisa has a sister. Woo. If you want to know who Ji'Tisa is, or who he's related to, do ya homework :p

As far as lovey-type-relationships go..meh..I'm not goin' near that with a ten-foot pole ;)

J

Jaya Ballard Balla'th

**Shrugs** To each their own.

As a personal suggestion, I'd say make sure to ask the persons said-characters are/were involved with before posting here then, if you're naming them. I'm sure many players have no real inclination to have their character's private lives broadcast, for the above reasons.

But yeah. I'm sure everyone wanted it to be family, friends, children, and romances as well, but chances are it'll degrade into romances.

As Jard said, this is just going to turn into a gossip thread.. and if it's for 'reference' for newbies, how are those same newbies supposed to know all this...? IC knowledge collected in an OOC manner for new players results in one of two things:
Bragging Rights
Or
Metagaming.

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Family too? Let's see, I've got the two spirits that dwell within Tharivious's ancestral swords registered for the odd occassion that they might come into use; his father Orlious and his Great-great-great-Grandfather Zempharious. I think that's it, aside from things like oath-brothers and the sort. That would be Tharivious's tie to my other character Igyvasfaxavaj, no blood relation, but close to being brothers.

Aside from those, the majority of my characters are linked to each other in some way, whether through blood or business. Kind of a 6-degrees-of-separation thing I guess.

J

Jardel_Karabella

Jaya Ballard Balla'th said:
As Jard said, this is just going to turn into a gossip thread.. and if it's for 'reference' for newbies, how are those same newbies supposed to know all this...? IC knowledge collected in an OOC manner for new players results in one of two things:
Bragging Rights
Or
Metagaming.

That and I tend to considering going through people's family, history, friends, etc through IC interactions to be a great way of characters getting to know each other. It gives you something reasonably safe to talk about and can be used as hooks for plots, introducing new PCs etc.

Not that I object to people sharing their character information, just that I foresee it causing a few problems with people attempt to misuse the information (can you tell I'm paranoid).

But hey, don't let me stop ya if you really wanna share. :D

Nugan

First Post
Tharivious_Meliamne said:
Family too? Let's see, I've got the two spirits that dwell within Tharivious's ancestral swords registered for the odd occassion that they might come into use; his father Orlious and his Great-great-great-Grandfather Zempharious.

Oh, so that's their names. I always just called them "Tharivious's Dad" and "The evil guy in Mel's Sword".

Which is probably what I'll continue duing, since I've forgotten the names already...

T

Tharivious_Meliamne

Nugan said:
Oh, so that's their names. I always just called them "Tharivious's Dad" and "The evil guy in Mel's Sword".

Which is probably what I'll continue duing, since I've forgotten the names already...
Yep, that's what I named them. I figured intelligent weapons with ancestral personalities need names if they're going to be used in the book I'm in the process of writing, so that's what they got. Yeah, I know, more long names. :)

And I understand your points on the possible misuse of information Jardel, and your points on IC/OOC knowledge Jaya, but still, it can be fun to type out some of the information. Even with what does get posted, I'm sure that most will still keep plenty of info held back, I know I have. It's just a matter of choice, like you've both said.

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
Aesynil said:

...Ji'Tisa has a sister. Woo. If you want to know who Ji'Tisa is, or who he's related to, do ya homework :p

Feh, if you want to know about Ji'Tisa and his sister, ask Kat. For that matter, if you want to know about quite a few characters' familial or romantic relationships, ask Kat. :D

J

Jardel_Karabella

I shall foever think of you as the gossipy neighbour of Juxta and CRT now Kat!

Kathryn_aka_Kat said:
Feh, if you want to know about Ji'Tisa and his sister, ask Kat. For that matter, if you want to know about quite a few characters' familial or romantic relationships, ask Kat. :D

Kathryn_aka_Kat

First Post
Hehe, close to it! Except she doesn't chatter away about it, you do have to ask first. And she might decide you look too sleazy, or the information is too delicate, to tell you. On the other hand, she might also decide that someone's dirty laundry would improve with a public airing... :smirk:

Remove ads