• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Sezarious

Explorer
Oh, by the way, I have left my background open because I was hoping that maybe I could please just have an appropriate name of a magical academy or wizarding school that Regar may have come from along with any other region-specific information you might find appropriate?

GlassEye

Adventurer
Oh, by the way, I have left my background open because I was hoping that maybe I could please just have an appropriate name of a magical academy or wizarding school that Regar may have come from along with any other region-specific information you might find appropriate?

There is a magical academy of sorts in the gnomish district in Venza. It is called the School of High Artifice and focuses on alchemy and the construction of constructs but would include all schools of magical study. This would give a good reason for your character to be in Venza and I think it would be ideal for your character history. If Regar was secluded at the school most of his time then you wouldn't need to know much outside of the section on Bayanmaliit and could pick up the rest in play. Reading the info on Venza might be useful to get in the feel of the setting but you'll most likely be leaving the region for your first adventure.

And, Regar is Approved!

This is Regar's first approval and anyone else can do the second approval. My apologies for my mistake on the trait. Everything else looks good. Feel free to have Regar enter the Dunn Wright Inn and interact with the characters there and especially the NPC recruiting for adventure. As this is your first and only character you are just about guaranteed a spot. (Deuce Traveler is the DM, fyi.)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Snorri Ironaxe has left his fathers holding, in search of approval...

Radaceus,

First, let me say that that is a pretty cool background.

Now for mechanical bits. If you think I've made an error in any of the things I bring up, please, speak up and we'll figure out where the disconnect is.

-Corrected CMD from 4 to 14.
-Corrected Crossbow attack from +3 to +2
-Steel Soul is a feat and not an Alternate Racial Trait. You'll need to keep the Hardy Racial Trait or find a different replacement.
-Craftsman is a nicely thematic Racial Trait but crafting is not a factor in LPF. You can still have your character be a craftsman but we don't use mechanical crafting. Items must be purchased but can be fluffed as created by the character. Because of this mechanical bonuses to craft aren't useful and Profession is pretty marginal as well. You may wish to keep Greed or find a different replacement. Keeping Craftsman is fine also, I just wanted you to understand we don't do crafting in the same way in LPF.
-Snorri lacks the two Traits that PCs are allowed.
-Corrected Diplomacy from 3 to 6.
-Corrected Knowledge (Religion) from 1 to 4. Both of these just needed to have the class skill bonus applied.

Other stuff:

Did you do that format on the weapon statistics deliberately? Or were you having some trouble with the wiki? (We all have had trouble with the wiki at one time or the other).

Pretty close, but Not Yet
Steel Soul is the only thing that requires fixing but it would be to your benefit to select two traits.

Radaceus

Adventurer
Radaceus,

First, let me say that that is a pretty cool background.

Now for mechanical bits. If you think I've made an error in any of the things I bring up, please, speak up and we'll figure out where the disconnect is.

-Corrected CMD from 4 to 14.
-Corrected Crossbow attack from +3 to +2
-Steel Soul is a feat and not an Alternate Racial Trait. You'll need to keep the Hardy Racial Trait or find a different replacement.
-Craftsman is a nicely thematic Racial Trait but crafting is not a factor in LPF. You can still have your character be a craftsman but we don't use mechanical crafting. Items must be purchased but can be fluffed as created by the character. Because of this mechanical bonuses to craft aren't useful and Profession is pretty marginal as well. You may wish to keep Greed or find a different replacement. Keeping Craftsman is fine also, I just wanted you to understand we don't do crafting in the same way in LPF.
-Snorri lacks the two Traits that PCs are allowed.
-Corrected Diplomacy from 3 to 6.
-Corrected Knowledge (Religion) from 1 to 4. Both of these just needed to have the class skill bonus applied.

Other stuff:

thank you,

• Certainly may have skewed my math on several items by the time I finished my build, so much appreciated for sorting it out.
  • I wasn't sure about the craftsman thing, I have reverted this to Greed trait√
  • I believe i completely misread Steel Soul as replacing the Hardy trait...reverted to Hardy trait√
  • When you say two traits that PCs are allowed, are these additional traits to the Racial? or do you mean the two traits above?

Did you do that format on the weapon statistics deliberately? Or were you having some trouble with the wiki? (We all have had trouble with the wiki at one time or the other).

with the weapon stats, after what happened with the traits description area, i just hit enter and added new weapons, I couldn't seem to find any other way to 'add' more information beyond the two weapon descriptions, and lacked the time to read up on the PFD coding in general.
anyways how it all started:
I cant handle things out of proportion or non symmetrical, I first attempted to use Bold and italics to make it easier on the eyes but this only seems to work for the last info box, I tried to put a table in and that didn't work, and somewhere in all that I botched the code, and what you see was me giving up after several attempt to revert back to the original format and knowing I was to be punished for my transgressions :)

GlassEye

Adventurer
Traits are different than Racial Traits. Racial Traits are the component parts of your race, such as Darkvision, etc. Traits are small mechanical modifiers that were intended to be the result of background. They don't really work that way in reality since most of us ignore the fluff that goes along with the traits and base it on our own created backgrounds. There are probably hundreds of traits, all divided into categories. You can only have one from any particular category, and two total unless you take a feat that gives you more. That's a lot of traits so if you want some suggestions I'm sure someone would be able to help out. We do have a couple of special traits on the Wiki/Traits that you might want to take a look at.

As for weapon stats I'd be glad to help you out with the formatting. Take a look at the weapon stats on my character, Qalabash's page. If that looks appealing to you we could set that up fairly easily. As an aside, lots of formatting options don't work inside <pre> code tags. You can get the same look by deleting a pre tag and putting a space at the front of every line.

I'll hold off on giving my approval until you work out the traits but I think it is close enough that you can have your character enter the Dunn Wright Inn thread and get started roleplaying. Looking forward to getting into a game with you!

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Regar Lilothain (Sezarious)

This is a good faith review of Regar. GE already cleaned up the mechanics, so I'm hitting on formatting, missing information, and suggestions.

Formatting
- I fixed a few formatting issues. Sometimes you were using spaces to force a line break, which does weird things when anyone with a different window with views your character.

Missing Information
- Added Elven Racial Abilities
- Added Skills usable untrained

Suggestions
- My strongest suggestion is to set racial parameters to height, weight and age to minimum, so Regar is representative of the race he comes from. For an elf, 120 years old is quite a prodigy and 5'6" is quite shrimpy, if that is what you're going for.
- I almost always recommend carrying a dagger. It's useful for many little things.
- You have a lot of gold left, and LPF has a 100% buyback policy on traded in gear. You might as well get some alchemical remedies, a CLW potion, or some such. If you don't need them, nothing lost.
- The single spell cantrip I use more than any other on my divine casters is Guidance. That includes up to the upper levels, which is rare for a cantrip. You might want to consider it for your Two World Magic bonus.

Regar is fully APPROVED for play in LPF. However, please give extra consideration to my first suggestion. Have fun.

Remove ads