Character Submission Thread

Commander_Fallout

First Post
Reviewing Samad:
1. 13 Str is 3 points. Just a typo, everything else was fine.

Everything else looks fine. I especially like the idea of elven tribes in Rhat'manis. APPROVED.

P.S. You might want to try a portrait more like [REDACTED].
P.P.S. When did we change it to 'Southern'? I thought it was Rhat'mani.

I am much obliged. As for my portrait, I figured that since everyone knows what an elf looks like, I decided to just flesh out his outfit instead. Plus I was tired and irritable when I drew it, which is why it looks awful. :p

As for the language, I was just going off what it said in the list. *shrug*

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Morgan:
a) I did a lot of reformatting. The important bits stand out a bit more now, so it is faster to scan and get the info needed.
b) With a 10 strength, she is in heavy encumbrance with all she is carrying at the moment. So, you will want to shed a couple rations or such to get down to at least medium. I didn't adjust the skills block for encumbrance, but that needs to be done.
c) Your human. Take advantage of that. The favored class option for humans is to add one spell known of a level lower than the highest you can cast. So, you can get one more cantrip instead of the +1 HP. There are a few extra cantrips available on the wiki. Being able to douse your own mishap fires with Drench, or protect yourself from that falling wet stuff with Umbrella might be interesting. It is risky depending on someone else in the party having Detect Magic, but you can get away with it.
d) (The SK obligatory :cool:) Grab a dagger. Otherwise, it is difficult to skin a rabbit or slice up dinner. They are also quite useful when you are grappled.
e) Linguistics cannot be used untrained. Fixed.

She is close enough to give her the first APPROVAL of two.

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Looking over Paskell:
a) I did a bit of reformatting to make it look cleaner.
b) Equipment is unfinished. You are not a "vow of poverty monk". :lol:
c) You should look up the carrying capacity for your strength and adjust the last line of the equipment block appropriately.
d) I would expect an Investigator to have skill in Knowledge Local. Just a suggestion.
e) Finding a picture for your character would be nice.
f) Oh no! A rogue that can't pick a lock. :blush: Seriously, the "trapfinding" you give up doesn't block you from disable device completely. It just makes finding them harder and you cannot deal with the magical variety.

not yet.

Systole

First Post
Also in regard to Paskell:

You have a lot of odd ability scores. While this is probably better in the long run (say, level 12 or 16), those levels are a long, long ways away. Level 4 usually takes 10-12 months. Level 8 is usually 2 years. You're going to be sitting on those odd scores for a long, painful time. I strongly recommend evening out as many scores as possible.

Satin Knights

First Post
Reviewing Eldandil:
Well, the little issues I saw, you fixed most of before I got to writing this.
a) See Languages. You get a bonus LPF specific language.
b) LPF has 100% buy back. So, it is best to stock up on items and sell them back if you don't use them later. So, you should spend that 90 gp that is burning a hole in your pocket down to about 5-10 gp left. Of course, you have to be careful choosing itmes you can carry without slowing you down. ;)

Thanks for backing off from dumping two stats heavily. As a GM, that makes me cringe when I see it.

Eldandil has his first APPROVAL of two.

oyzar

First Post
Things are usually heavy, that said my character would like to figure out if there are lighter alternatives to stuff like backpack, bedroll and waterskin as that makes up the majority of the weight.

I read some rule about that you can chose to not copy all cantrips, what is the purpose of that? I guess the spellbook is limited in size, how big is it?

I see you noted the increased DC on Grease under prepeared spells, should I do the same with the increased duration for Summon Monster 1 and Grease?

As I already said I am not sure if it is apropriate that i pick an additional language as I did travel along the Hidden Path to get here. I was planning on starting outside the Dunn Wright Inn, getting planeshifted there by my master.

Edit: I suppose it is possible to get a sack instead of a backpack, how does one carry that though, either in your hand or over your shoulder but both require one hand I imagine. Also I just realized a waterskin does not have to be full all the time...

Edit2: Can I hang a sack from my belt? It is not like I have a lot of stuff in it.

Last edited:

Creed490

First Post
Alright, Morgan's change log:
Added a dagger, and dropped half of the rations to get me down to Medium encumbrance. Took SK's advice and dropped the extra HP and took Umbrella as a cantrip. So that should be good now, after a few rounds of edits.

Remove ads