• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

jkason

First Post
Okay, I'm vaguely keeping up on my slow games, still not up to daily posting, but let's see if I can manage some judgely stuff, starting easy. Reviewing Triela

* Triela is allowed a Regional language based on her place of birth. Since her background isn't specific, I'll just link you to the list here

* If you aren't planning to multi-class Triela (which your stat array tends to suggest), you might consider swapping out Elven Magic for something you could use (Envoy, Eternal Grudge, and Silent Hunter don't seem super-awesome to me, but at least they provide some situational usefulness that bonuses to casting and spellcraft won't ever get you)

Neither of these is a deal breaker for me, so I went ahead and approved her for play.

Last edited:

Chronikoce

First Post
Thanks! That is awesome. I am strongly considering taking a level of wizard so that I can use wands for backup utility/ranged blasting. I will add Inner Sea as my bonus language.

Oh if you have a little more free time. My friend Garick83 is still awaiting approval/advice on changes for his character.

He can't post link yet so I told him I'd toss it up here for you if you have time.

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Kae'than_(Garick83)

Last edited:

Satin Knights

First Post
Kae'than has his first APPROVAL of two. Any player can do the second one.

The judges had as background discussion on the deity. It came down to "Yeah, interesting enough to keep." Kae'than may be the only one of the religion, and their might not be a deity actually there, but maybe the search for the deity is enough faith.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Kae'than has his first APPROVAL of two. Any player can do the second one.

The judges had as background discussion on the deity. It came down to "Yeah, interesting enough to keep." Kae'than may be the only one of the religion, and their might not be a deity actually there, but maybe the search for the deity is enough faith.

That sounds great! As for the deity, that's kinda what I was hoping for. Thanks alot guys!

I see every thing is fixed, and looks good. I give the second APPROVAL.

Grayn

First Post
Well this is my first attempt to join living pathfinder and this is the character i wanna play :) http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Seramil_volenski_(Ruiktheforgotten)#Details

Welcome! :cool:

Looking over Seramil I see you have two traits from the Combat tree. I believe you are limited to one per tree. The DMs/Judges can make a final call, but you may need to change one.

Equipment wise, some sort of range weapon is handy in a lot of situations (imo). I will steal the obligatory suggestion of every good adventurer should have a dagger (just for utility, if nothing else). Don't forget to use as much of your gold as you can, LPF has a 100% sell back, so you won't lose anything, if you change your mind on a purchase.

jkason

First Post
Reviewing Seramil:

1) Scale mail automatically brings down base speed, whether you've reached medium encuberance or not. Fixed.

2) I don't entirely understand your weapon entries. I think you're trying to deliniate the normal and the power attack version of your sword cane attack (in which case I'd probably just do the normal entry with a note that Power Attack can be applied to it, myself), but I'm thrown by the "(Fang)" annotation on the first line. Can you clarify what that is?

2a) On the same note, Seramil can wield the sword cane with two hands since she isn't carrying any kind of shield, which allows her to apply 1-1/2 her STR bonus to damage rolls (and stacks with Power Attack). If that's your plan, adjust accordingly.

3) You have to choose your second favored class at 1st level, even though you only take one level in one class at this time, and even if you don't currently have any multi-classing plans. I've put a couple placeholder question marks there for you to replace with whatever you decide on.

4) As someone else pointed out, you can't take 2 traits from the same category. Being a half-elf, though, Seramil qualifies for Elven Reflexes, which is a race trait with the exact same mechanical benefit, so I swapped that out for you.

5) Had the wrong ability mod on some skills. Fixed. Also added labels to explain the Misc modifiers

6) Half-elves don't reach adulthood until 20 years old, then you add on a few years based on which class you chose. In the case of fighter, the youngest starting age is 22 for a half-elf. I'm not sure there's any special mechanical problem with having your half-elf start younger than the standard, but you should probably have a fluff reason for why she's so much younger than anyone else of her heritage in this kind of work.

3 is a dealbreaker in my opinion, though it's a quick fix. I'd also like to get 2 sorted out. so NOT YET

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads