• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
See above for a response to your post above :)
I do not see a use of your favored class bonus, hit points or skill points or as a human, additional spell (one level lower then highest)
nice initiatve!
entered information on bloodline power-useful data

I see what you mean by crazy data. It seems the wiki randomly fouls up or something.

Skills: A little confusion here. I see you have used 3 skill points, and have 4 listed above. Did you take the favored class bonus in Skills, count it as such, but forgot to indicate that is what you did, and also forgot to use the skill point?

Equipment I see you are way over light encumbered here. You might want to consider dropping the tent. That will put you a bit over a pound under the max for light encumbered. I do not see where you have the weight penalty any where as well which might give a good reason to drop the 20 pounds.

Not your fault, but the finances are in a strange format buggy thing. I think someone else would do better then I to fix that.

Non judge review: Brandon the destroyer isnot ready quite yet.

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
See above for a response to your post above :)
I do not see a use of your favored class bonus, hit points or skill points or as a human, additional spell (one level lower then highest)
nice initiatve!
entered information on bloodline power-useful data

I see what you mean by crazy data. It seems the wiki randomly fouls up or something.

Skills: A little confusion here. I see you have used 3 skill points, and have 4 listed above. Did you take the favored class bonus in Skills, count it as such, but forgot to indicate that is what you did, and also forgot to use the skill point?

Equipment I see you are way over light encumbered here. You might want to consider dropping the tent. That will put you a bit over a pound under the max for light encumbered. I do not see where you have the weight penalty any where as well which might give a good reason to drop the 20 pounds.

Not your fault, but the finances are in a strange format buggy thing. I think someone else would do better then I to fix that.

Non judge review: Brandon the destroyer isnot ready quite yet.

I thought Humans had no favored class? So does that mean I get bonus HP no matter what class I use?

I fixed up the skills. I really am supposed to have 3 skill ranks because I have no INT bonus.

As for my encumbrance, most of that weight is in my backpack. I intend to drop it in combat so I fall back into light encumbrance as needed. Also, I added the ACP into my skill list where appropriate. I also adjusted my current land speed.

The wonky finance formatting happened to me also. I hopefully fixed it, since it now looks all nice and clean on my end.

Also, you got my title wrong. It's Brandon the SWIFT. Get it right :p

And thanks for the compliment on my Initiative bonus. I'm hoping it'll help me lay down the *law*. :lol:

Scott DeWar

I thought Humans had no favored class? So does that mean I get bonus HP no matter what class I use?

I fixed up the skills. I really am supposed to have 3 skill ranks because I have no INT bonus.

As for my encumbrance, most of that weight is in my backpack. I intend to drop it in combat so I fall back into light encumbrance as needed. Also, I added the ACP into my skill list where appropriate. I also adjusted my current land speed.

The wonky finance formatting happened to me also. I hopefully fixed it, since it now looks all nice and clean on my end.

Also, you got my title wrong. It's Brandon the SWIFT. Get it right :p

And thanks for the compliment on my Initiative bonus. I'm hoping it'll help me lay down the *law*. :lol:

favored class
from Piazo prd: Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes (see Prestige Classes) can never be a favored class.

skill points:
the misc bonus is your human bonus, right?

The favored class bonus can be different each level, skill point , hit point or spell, it is just permanent as to what you choose it to be for that level. If you choose your favored class to be sorcerer, that is final as well. therefore you would only get the bonus every time you leveled in sorcerer, or what ever you choose the favored class to be.

finance block looks good!

So, Brandon the swift destroyer, still would like to see the weapon stats for lite crossbow and dagger put up Also, it might be good to differentiate between thrown dagger and melee dagger in that list too.

do you plan on taking levels in rogue? to take better advantage of the high initiative? just curious.

I see you fixed the background [closed] and I forgot to mention the hit points beyond first level [max-2], but you caught that.

other then the weapons, I see nothing else. The weapons being minor, and the weight issue also discussed,

I give my first non judge approval in a very long time!

[wow, that felt good to do that]

Every one welcome Epic Bob. We know each other from living en world, the 3.5 ed sister thread.

epicbob

Explorer
favored class
from Piazo prd: Each character begins play with a single favored class of his choosing—typically, this is the same class as the one he chooses at 1st level. Whenever a character gains a level in his favored class, he receives either + 1 hit point or + 1 skill rank. The choice of favored class cannot be changed once the character is created, and the choice of gaining a hit point or a skill rank each time a character gains a level (including his first level) cannot be changed once made for a particular level. Prestige classes (see Prestige Classes) can never be a favored class.

skill points:
the misc bonus is your human bonus, right?

The favored class bonus can be different each level, skill point , hit point or spell, it is just permanent as to what you choose it to be for that level. If you choose your favored class to be sorcerer, that is final as well. therefore you would only get the bonus every time you leveled in sorcerer, or what ever you choose the favored class to be.

finance block looks good!

So, Brandon the swift destroyer, still would like to see the weapon stats for lite crossbow and dagger put up Also, it might be good to differentiate between thrown dagger and melee dagger in that list too.

do you plan on taking levels in rogue? to take better advantage of the high initiative? just curious.

I see you fixed the background [closed] and I forgot to mention the hit points beyond first level [max-2], but you caught that.

other then the weapons, I see nothing else. The weapons being minor, and the weight issue also discussed,

I give my first non judge approval in a very long time!

[wow, that felt good to do that]

Every one welcome Epic Bob. We know each other from living en world, the 3.5 ed sister thread.
Thanks a lot for the help. And the intro :)

The Misc point is my Human bonus, yes.

Are you sure about the spell point for the favored class bonus? That would be a dream come true for any spellcaster. For now, I've assigned my bonus to HP.

The weapons stats ARE up...They're right under the Combat stats data block. Although I DID forget to name them...As far as throwing daggers go, I'm not planning on throwing it.

No, I'm not planning on going Rogue. I'm aiming for a high-level caster.

All that's left is the official stamp of approval.

Scott DeWar

Thanks a lot for the help. And the intro :)

The Misc point is my Human bonus, yes.

Are you sure about the spell point for the favored class bonus? That would be a dream come true for any spellcaster. For now, I've assigned my bonus to HP.

The weapons stats ARE up...They're right under the Combat stats data block. Although I DID forget to name them...As far as throwing daggers go, I'm not planning on throwing it.

No, I'm not planning on going Rogue. I'm aiming for a high-level caster.

All that's left is the official stamp of approval.

That would be an extra spell known, not to be cast. sorry for any confusion.

Weapons: aw ha, missed that did I? hrmmmm.

official stamp is needed by a judge, but you can rp in the dunn wright inn, like the red dragon in lew

re high level: I am playing a level 9 wizard. lots of fun and interesting potential!

Aura

Explorer
Welcome to LPF, epicbob.

I spent some time writing notes on your character while at lunch, but Scott has already completed your non-judge review/approval. (Of your two approvals, only one may be from a non-judge). So, I marked off the things that got fixed and figured I'd share the rest, strictly for your own consideration. Use or ignore as you see fit:

(1) I'd offhand recommend 12 INT/12 WIS instead of 11 INT/13 WIS, unless you have some very specific reason why you're doing this.
(2) When possible, I try to specify Misc bonuses. Examples on your character include initiative bonus and skill bonus. Similarly, I try to purge off any reference to 'class 1', and put in the class taken.
(3) You have +2 stat listed twice under racial traits, but seem to be missing your skill point bonus.
(4) Skills: The 'CS' column is for the 3 pt bonus for trained class skills. And you forgot your +1 bonus for Sense Motive, feel free to put it under Misc.
(5) Your STR mod is 'only' -2, so your Swim and Climb should be better? (You have -3 for STR listed there.) That's how it looks to me.
(6) You should be able to cast 4 first level spells a day, not just 3.
(7) I generally recommend spending most of your money, since there is a 100% buyback on gear you sell back later on. You're even able to buy wands with custom numbers of charges. At 15gp per charge of a first level spell, this is rather useful. Also, Cure Lt Wounds potions for 50gp, and many of the alchemical supplies.
(8) You might want to put in a little description of each feat, like for traits and such.

Looks like a glut of sorcerers lately, coming shortly after the wave of dwarves. I swear there is like some sort of cycle. It's weird that way.

PS: Almost forgot: I recommend water. You'll die from dehydration long before you starve.

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
Thanks for the heads-up. I ended-up missing some details in my valiant duel with the evil Whai'Khai Foarhmaht.

The stat selection is intentional, as I plan to use one of my future ability assignments to get an extra boost to my Will save. Besides, even if I increased my INT, I consider the increased skill ranks to be too small when weighted against my magic.

As for spending my money, I'm not entirely sure of what will be useful in this setting. I want to wait and see. I will, however, buy a waterskin:p.

Also, the formatting seems to slip into some kind of time loop where it rolls back to a previous version of the page. I fixed it but I wonder why it happens to begin with?

Scott DeWar

Hi, newbie here, would like to join Living PF

the sheet: /wiki/Jaggo_(skydreamz)

not sure about what to have as equipments

Greetings Skydreamz and welcome to our humble, er scratch that, Grandiose community!

First, a bit of information. To post a working link you need 10 posts. You can post 9 more time here, or the general thread with any questions and then you can make a working link to your character. Ask your questions freely, we all are willing to help ! ! !

Aura

Explorer
Welcome, Skydreamz.

Link to your character to make it easy on others: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Jaggo_(skydreamz)

Some of the greatest normal gear options of all time:
(1) Dagger
(2) Water
(3) Some food
(4) Pants

Your character has only 1 of these, I recommend all of them. :) Don't be afraid to buy stuff: Living Pathfinder has a 100% buyback policy, so if you think you've made a mistake with a gear purchase, you get all of your money back at the Pearl. And you're STR 18, so you can carry a lot before slowing down.

Perhaps I'll have time tonight to start a review.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads