• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Character Submission Thread

Aura

Explorer
Considering the alternative is complete blindness, I could live with that.

Respectfully, that isn't the comparison I was attempting to make. I was merely pointing out that darkvision isn't a perfect substitute for normal illuminated sight and carrying a light source might still have some value, even if you can get by on darkvision.

GlassEye

Adventurer
My opinion on skill points: 2+Int modifier is calculated first then everything else is added after. So, the skill point from taking favored class would add to the minimum of 1.

jkason

First Post
I'd agree with GlassEye. A quick look at a couple threads on the Paizo boards would seem to suggest there's a fair amount of agreement on this score.

Aura

Explorer
Thanks, GE and jkason, for the input. With that concern dealt with, I'd say Jaggo is ready to move forward.

STAMP! Jaggo has his first, non-judge, APPROVAL. Feel free to drop by the Dunn Wright Inn for pre-game introduction and role-play. The number of low level characters looking for adventure is slowly growing.

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
It's because Darkvision only works in places like the inside of a cavern, where light does not reach. Also, torches don't enhance Darkvision in any way.

What I'm saying is that it will only ACTIVATE in the dark. You'll still have normal vision if you have a light source of some kind.

I'd have to do some reading on what epicbob was talking about with the darkvision.

Core Rules, pg 562. "The presence of light does not spoil darkvision." If you're standing in a torchlit room where there are shadows due to objects or where the walls are farther away than the torchlight, you can see into the shadows out to the range of your darkvision. Objects within the range of the light source would be in color, objects in the shadows would be black and white.

And to the best of my knowledge, darkvision is not an ability you activate - it's always "on."

epicbob

Explorer
Core Rules, pg 562. "The presence of light does not spoil darkvision." If you're standing in a torchlit room where there are shadows due to objects or where the walls are farther away than the torchlight, you can see into the shadows out to the range of your darkvision. Objects within the range of the light source would be in color, objects in the shadows would be black and white.

And to the best of my knowledge, darkvision is not an ability you activate - it's always "on."

That's pretty much what I said.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Hihi! So this is my first time submitting, I hope that I didn't screw this up too badly. Heh.

http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Leira_Olren_(Anastrace)

So how did I do? Thank you for your time, -Ana

looking over it . . . .

Also for your time killing pleasure, a joke:

Did you know that the gladius has a perpetually depressed cousin: Called sadius.

*cough* *ahem* That was actually for @GlassEye .

OK, serious question: I see you have Monk as your favored class. You are starting with fighter. Now I am just being nosy here . . . . What is the advantage to taking levels of fighter other then bab?

Another question:
Feats show you have as your human bonus feat as shield proficiency. You get that automatically as a fighter I do believe. So by my reckoning you still get 1 more feat

scratch that. that feature is lost to the unarmed fighter archetype.

:D comment: Just read the dragon style. Nice. very nice.:D

Ok . . . saw a couple of things that needed to be written, so did it. other then the question of curiosity I see nothing wrong,
although your skills have taken a beating from the low stats and ACP; also adjust way of equipment is listed to make it easier to add up

Stamp:
Approved

Last edited:

epicbob

Explorer
I'm not entirely certain how different 3.5e and Pathfinder are when it comes to class balance.

However, Fighter is usually a better choice because of better hit die, BAB and feat flexibility. Also, the class doesn't lose access to its skills if it wears armor.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads