• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Character turned in Zombie !

maritimo80

First Post
When a 15th level character dies for finger of desth spell and turns zombie, he takes statistics Zombie MM, or the character of the same, or a middle ground between the two?

G

ghostofchristmaspast

Officially, it's up to the DM. See page 282 of the Dungeon Master Guide for the stat changes if your DM is a saint and loves strong zombies with individuality (instead of the generic ones).

Last edited:

77IM

Explorer!!!
Supporter
I always use the generic zombie and skeleton statistics regardless of race, class, or level. However, I do let those creatures benefit from weapons and armor worn. I let skeletons be proficient in the weapons; zombies are not proficient with weapons, but sometimes it's a better option for them anyway. Both are proficient in armor.

Tormyr

Hero
Further, it is understood that whatever a creature starts with it is proficient in. So if your zombie starts with an axe, then it is probably proficient with axes. However, if it just picks it up off the street, it might not be proficient with axes. I would have to do some digging to find the actual reference in the MM.

Remove ads