• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Charakter Planner for Bo9S?

Baumi

Adventurer
I really love the new Combat System from the Book of Nine Swords, but creating the Characters is very frustrating thanks to splitting the Maneuvers into the Shools instead of alphabetisizing them and that there is no mentioning of the prequesites in the Maneuver-List. The addition of the upgrades from low level maneuvers to higher ones also doesn't make the Charakter any easier to plan. :(

So is there a Charakter Planner/Generator or any other Help for making this easier?

Many thanks in Advance & ...

Stormborn

Explorer
Baumi said:
I really love the new Combat System from the Book of Nine Swords, but creating the Characters is very frustrating thanks to splitting the Maneuvers into the Shools instead of alphabetisizing them and that there is no mentioning of the prequesites in the Maneuver-List. The addition of the upgrades from low level maneuvers to higher ones also doesn't make the Charakter any easier to plan. :(

So is there a Charakter Planner/Generator or any other Help for making this easier?

Many thanks in Advance & ...

Not that I know of, but the WotC site has ready to print cards for the various maneuvers that should make them easier to play.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I find that the Bo9S classes are wonderful for organic levelling decisions. The only things that are really set in stone are the stances - anything else you can sub out at a later level.

Razilin

First Post
i agree that making a Bot9S character is difficult.

correction. it is difficult to make them QUICKLY, especially given the maneuver prereqs and the ability to swap old maneuvers out every 4 levels.

WotC, the masses cry out for a web enhancement--give us a cross-listed maneuver list!

Baumi

Adventurer
Thanks for the quick answers!

Too bad that there is no tool out there to help those who want to quickly create these awesome warriors ... which is especially hard for the GM :(

The Upgrading is a wonderful thing but isn't it every two levels (beginning at 4)?

Particle_Man

Explorer
As a quick and dirty rule of thumb when making NPC's:

Warblades and Crusaders: Take whatever I want out of any two disciplines, starting from the "top level" I am qualified for and working down.

SwordSages: Take whatever I want out of any 4 disciplines, starting from the "top level" I am qualified for and working down.

I just assume that prerequisites are covered in the maneuvers that are not usually readied.

In both cases, there are a few low-level "cool" maneuvers that I might throw in anyhow.

Baumi

Adventurer
Thanks Particle_Man, your Idea is great for NPC's! The basic Idea is also usable for many other complicated classes like Spellcasters ... thanks for the great Idea! :cool:

Remove ads