• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Charge attack -Ranged??-

Machiavelli

First Post
What I'd like to know is where everyone is getting their magical rhino hide armor? I mean, geeze, are they on sale at Walmart? They may be priced cheaply, but they're specific armor, so I'm not even sure there is supposed to BE a "they"; it's just a single set of armor, making the prospect of actually HAVING that armor in a campaing rather... slim.

Then again, it's all made up, anyway, so you could have 10 sets of rhino armor if you wanted to and you were in charge of equipment for the campaign setting. I just think it's silly. *shrug*

frankthedm

First Post
billd91 said:
That said, I don't think I'd allow the rhino hide bonus on a ranged attack even if the character had a feat that allowed using a ranged attack at the end of a charge. I agree that it doesn't seem thematically correct
I allow using a thrown weapon with a charge, without a feat, and I too would say No to trying to get Rhino Hide's bonus with a charging javalin chuck.

Tarangil

First Post
:D I'm more inclined to agree with FranktheDM there, it seems the more I read all of the D&D accessories, I'm finding many feats that could be more or less used as intuitive actions by inventive players and could easily fit in the chart for "actions in combat".

If I'm confronted by a player who comes up with a unorthadox tactic during combat that isn't too broken...or unusual, it could at least be attempted. I can't just say No, you can't do that you don't have the feat, you can only hit the monster with your stick"

As for the Rhino hide, the working in the SRD doesn't specify melee, which I found odd, because in essence it would make more sense that it could only be a melee attack...Either way I wouldn't allow it myself.

Heh Heh, and for Machiavelli I didn't quite get mine at Wal-mart. Perhaps others may have, but my character is an African-type character and I figured it would enhance the "feeling" of his origions.

Sithobi1

First Post
Why does the Rhino Hide give a bonus on charges? Does it have a horn sticking out that gores opponents? Or does it simply imbue you with extra force? Since it seems to be the latter, I'd say it would pass to your javelin just as well as it would affect a morningstar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads