• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheap Mini's: Bucket of Dragons

countgray

First Post
I picked up a "Bucket of Dragons" from Walmart tonight. This is the coolest thing ever! It is a tub of miniatures from the movie "How to Train Your Dragon" with 30 plastic minis in it including at least six different human viking characters and 5 different types of dragons from the movie. Each figure was duplicated 2-3 times. 30 figures total.

They are approximately in scale with regular D&D minis or heroclix, maybe slightly larger, but with the dragons, they are all pretty much comparable to a medium sized or a large sized creature (but on the small side of large). If anything the dragons are slightly smaller than the vikings.

They are monochrome plastic in a variety of colors inlcuding red, lime, hunter green, dark blue, light blue, and orange. I suppose you could paint them if you like. The sculpts are slightly cartoony--in the style of the movie--but the dragons do look pretty cool.

They also come in a small, round, clear plastic tub that has an attractive lid. The lid is brown plastic molded to look like carved wood with embossed dragons in a sort of viking/anglo-saxon art style. The tub would be a nice container for holding a variety of D&D paraphernalia, including dice, counters, or other gaming accessories.

It was cheap too! Some of the dragons could double for other critters like a basilisk, drakes, wyverns, or various lizardy things. The vikings could be used as NPC's or small giants, or orcs, or anything of barbarian ilk.

If you want some cheap, versatile minis to supplement your collection, these would surely meet your needs! A sticker on the tub says exclusive to Walmart, so check your local Walmarts or check on line if you want them.

They are also just fun to play with, I dumped them out of the tub, and have been playing with them, might be good for christmas presents for kids. Could use them to storm your Lego castles, etc. This is a neat and useful little nick-nack, check 'em out!

IronWolf

blank
Sweet! I need to look at this for IronPup. It might go great with the castle he's built out of cardboard and paper towel holders!

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
That could be true, but it could just as easily apply to the plushies alone.

I know some bands did exclusive WM CD or DVD releases, for instance, but it's far more common (in that industry) to do exclusive limited editions (with fancy packaging or extra tracks).

frankthedm

First Post
The larger Micheal's arts and crafts stores have several huge/gargantuan dragons for 10-16 dollars each.

Halloween stores often have cheap bugs, bats and rats this time of year. Super cheap if you wait til the first of november, but that chances the item being out of stock.

Last edited:

Remove ads