• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheapest way to get the core set?

Mercurius

Legend
I thought it was Amazon pre-order, with the $62.97 price -5%, but they are no longer offering 5% off for some reason. Overstock is $59.82, but add $3 shipping = $62.82, the same as Amazon (with free shipping).

I know we're talking about only a few dollars difference, but I'm short of cash for a few months (until my new job starts) and anything helps. Am I missing anything?

As of now my plan is to start a new log-in for Amazon, get the Amazon Prime free trial for a month, then get the books via free two-day shipping (which would still be the 9th or 10th).

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
The cheapest (and most snarky) solution: tell your best friend/big brother/significant other/mom that you want the books for your birthday.

But seriously though, Incenjucar is right...Barnes & Noble has a pretty good deal for first-time online shoppers. It's the cheapest I've seen so far.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Walmart.com had the giftset for $56, iirc, with free shipping to your local Walmart. Shipping to your home wasn't bad.

Daniel D. Fox

Explorer
Get it through Buy.com, it's far cheaper and they are shipping them out already. I cancelled my Amazon order once I heard buy.com was shipping out earlier than expected.

I got the email notice today; they'll be here tonight.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
Walmart didn't offer me Site to Store on that item.... But home shipping was only 1.97

What really bothered me was I couldn't get my employee discount on it because it's not a Division 1 item (Item carried in a non-supercenter walmart.) And unlike Amazon they charged me taxes so it came out the same price as amazon.

I went ahead canceled amazon and used walmart becuase no matter which shipping I chose on Walmart they all promised it on the 6th.

gstommylee

First Post
amazon.com dropped the price for the gift set to 57.72 And its has Pre-order Price Guarantee so if they ship it at a lower price they'll refund the amount differnce between the old price and the new price and any difference tax amount.

Last edited:

Remove ads