• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheating cheaters

Wyrmshadows

Explorer
Is she hot?

I cannot believe that I didn't consider that.

Well if she is, I still wouldn't allow her to cheat in my main game, but I would arrange for her to play in a specially crafted campaign made for solo play....just her and the DM...me. I've heard that gestalt characters in 3.5e can be useful for such solo efforts.

Usually I wouldn't go out of my way like that, but, sometimes people deserve a second chance. ;)

Wyrmshadows

Ginnel

Explorer
I feel incredibly bad for not having had the presence of mind to ask this before and I'm also rather disappointed in the rest of the folks participating in this thread for not bringing it up either. So let me make sure that we go not an instant longer without this bit of crucial information:

Is she hot?
Hmm well are you hot?

I'm not one of these Politically Correct people but is it an entirely appropriate comment? :p

Hmm maybe we should have a hottest ENworld poster poll with proper real life pictures ;) A seperate male and a seperate female one and if this troubling cheaty player wants her physicality to be discussed she can offer it up on the Poll after Obryn tells her :p

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm not one of these Politically Correct people but is it an entirely appropriate comment?

It probably isn't. But it's probably also not entirely inappropriate either.

In any case, in answer to your question, yes I am hot.

doppelganger

Explorer
One thing to watch out for if you do go with the shoe box lid method is loaded/trick dice. I have seen d20s with 2 20s and no 1s. If the cheater knows that they must roll in plain view - and cheating is that important to them - such dice are just what the (evil) doctor ordered.

the Jester

Legend
I feel incredibly bad for not having had the presence of mind to ask this before and I'm also rather disappointed in the rest of the folks participating in this thread for not bringing it up either. So let me make sure that we go not an instant longer without this bit of crucial information:

Is she hot?

+rep

Damn, wrong board. :(

catsclaw227

First Post
I'm not one of these Politically Correct people but is it an entirely appropriate comment? :p
As sad as it may seem, while a possibly politically incorrect (or just crude) thing to say, I would venture to guess it is a factor.

An unfortunate state of male behavior (and geek-male behavior more so) is that a "hot chick" would get an increased benefit of the doubt by virtue of her "hotness". It's a pseudo-measurable attribute that factors into male decision making.

Oh, I am sure that many men would/will deny it, but deep in their gut..... it's sadly true. :)

I am happily married, so obviously I am immune to the hotness factor that the female species brings to bear upon my poor nerdly psyche. :p

</dorky_comment>

Obryn

Hero

Is she hot?
Actually, yeah, she's very attractive. 21, and up until recently, modeled. No, I am not making that up.

She's still a cheater, though. ;)

-O

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Actually, yeah, she's very attractive. 21, and up until recently, modeled. No, I am not making that up.

She's still a cheater, though. ;)

-O

Well this changes EVERYTHING! ;)

Actually it changes nothing about the cheating itself. But it makes me wonder if she has a history of "getting her way" because of her looks. Some people think that just because they are attractive and charming that they can do whatever they want.

I know I do.

Obryn

Hero
Well this changes EVERYTHING! ;)

Actually it changes nothing about the cheating itself. But it makes me wonder if she has a history of "getting her way" because of her looks. Some people think that just because they are attractive and charming that they can do whatever they want.
Yeah, I really have no idea what deep psychological issues are causing it, but I'm pretty sure it's not entitlement as much as it is attention.

When she first joined, I had a problem with her and her friend attention-wh...um... disturbing the game. :) I mean, you will just have to take my word for it, but having the two of them grabbing each others' chests and making innuendoes was awesome for maybe 15 minutes, but then got progressively more annoying. Fortunately, both of them have improved greatly and are now much better players.

So yeah, I think that attention may be what's behind the cheating. I don't much care, though, since - as I mentioned - it's just a behavior I want to stop.

I know I do.
So that's what you have to do to become a moderator...

-O

Remove ads