• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Check Out Planescape's Table of Contents & More!

A gallery of photos of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse!

Brandes Stoddard has received a copy of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse (which come out in two weeks!) and is posting loads of photos over on Blue Sky. You can check out his feed for the whole treasure trove--here's a look at the table of contents.

1.jpg
2.jpeg

When I saw Rilmani, Archon, and Guardinals, it almost sold me. Then I realized they only included 3 of each, and I was unsold. I've just had as much as I'm interested in dealing with of the gradual rollout (often never completed) of creatures that were originally presented as full sets in 2e.

For those not as picky as me, at least there are also 3 demodands/gehreleths, and that is their full set.

Got to save the rest for the MM24

BB Shockwave

Explorer
I love the gnoll poacher's hat! 10/10
Crikey! He comes from down under! (aka Faerun in this case). :p

Love that we got so many classic creatures, Guardinals, Archons have not been seen since 3E, and I am not sure if Rilmani ever got a 3E entry at all. And I am sure we will get more in future releases. They were hinting at now that the setting has been established, they can do new adventures in Planescape, Spelljammer, Dragonlance later.
Bit curious why Githzerai are aberrations now? Maybe Limbo's influence?
Seems the Kolyarut is indeed a singular creation, as it was described in the Marut's entry in Volo's Guide.

BB Shockwave

Explorer
Embedding screen caps of his posts but leaving the actual images he posted as attachments
View attachment 297410
View attachment 297415
View attachment 297416
Love this art. Baernaloth is spot on the old 2E art!
Maaan they managed to keep the Larvae super creepy despite the redesign.
I like the planar influenced creature ideas.
The Archons all look great. The Lantern Archon being a sculpture head in pieces is a great visual. Age of Wonders 4 has a helmet type like this!

BB Shockwave

Explorer
I have waited like, ages, to finally see Guardinals again. This is so great! Love the art.
Interesting how the Githzerai Futurist looks more like the Anarch than the art for the Anarch in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes ever did.

Futurama got the Rilmani in a nutshell so perfectly! :) No wonder Gygax guest-starred on that show once.
Zeff was right not to trust them, they tend to meddle in things to uphold the balance. I remember there is an Aurumach in Sigil who uses many shapeshifted forms to spy on every major player in the city and manipulate both the good and the evil.

Last edited:

BB Shockwave

Explorer
Those were the days.
I guess you use a Lich for an avatar because you are THAT old? ;)
Why do design work when pretty pictures and maps are all most people want (judging from what I've heard around here and what people are excited about)?
I am excited that 5E did what both 3E and 4E did not do, bring back Planescape.
I mean maybe you are as old as to be incapable of liking anything new? I am no spring chicken either but I can still like new things if they tickle my fancy, and this book sure as Baator tickles it. ;)

dave2008

Legend
When I saw Rilmani, Archon, and Guardinals, it almost sold me. Then I realized they only included 3 of each, and I was unsold. I've just had as much as I'm interested in dealing with of the gradual rollout (often never completed) of creatures that were originally presented as full sets in 2e.

For those not as picky as me, at least there are also 3 demodands/gehreleths, and that is their full set.
Didn't one of the previews show that the "rule of three" was a big thing in planescape? Maybe that is why they included 3 of each?

I don't mind the partial introduction. That has been the standard approach in both 3e and 4e so I am used to it by now.

I have waited like, ages, to finally see Guardinals again. This is so great! Love the art.
Interesting how the Githzerai Futurist looks more like the Anarch than the art for the Anarch in Mordenkainen's Tome of Foes ever did.

Futurama got the Rilmani in a nutshell so perfectly! :) No wonder Gygax guest-starred on that show once.
Zeff was right not to trust them, they tend to meddle in things to uphold the balance. I remember there is an Aurumach in Sigil who uses many shapeshifted forms to spy on every major player in the city and manipulate both the good and the evil.

It just occurred to me that Rilmani part mortal offspring would now simply be Aasimar.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads