• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Check Out Planescape's Table of Contents & More!

A gallery of photos of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse!

Brandes Stoddard has received a copy of Planescape: Adventures in the Multiverse (which come out in two weeks!) and is posting loads of photos over on Blue Sky. You can check out his feed for the whole treasure trove--here's a look at the table of contents.

1.jpg
2.jpeg

I have a lot of boxed sets and supplements that say otherwise. Maybe I'm just imagining they exist?

What does that have to do with you being wrong about the amount of pages the Outlands gets?

Or are you referring to how little of the broader Planescape setting gets?

Because I agree, the page count is too low still, and the adventure eats up way too much of the available page count.

BUT at least unlike Spelljammer, there does appear to be an actual setting her made up of Sigil and the Outlands, especially the Gatetowns (which we'd gotten more space on the Gatetowns their their sphere of influence and that the 3rd book had been a manual of the Planes).

I have a lot of boxed sets and supplements that say otherwise. Maybe I'm just imagining they exist?
I assume so, if you, again, think they will have to cover all that in a single product. Again, what price point should WotC choose for that 1000+ page product?

If you are indeed not imagining it, what's in the original box set? Is it not almost completely focused on Sigil and the Outlands? Is its coverage on the remaining planes on par with what is in the DMG?

You do realize that people (like myself) were able to play full Planescape campaigns with just that set - we didn't wait until further supplemental material was released (and at that time, we had no way of knowing that further material would be released). If that was possible then, then that's just as possible now.

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
What does that have to do with you being wrong about the amount of pages the Outlands gets?

Or are you referring to how little of the broader Planescape setting gets?

Because I agree, the page count is too low still, and the adventure eats up way too much of the available page count.

BUT at least unlike Spelljammer, there does appear to be an actual setting her made up of Sigil and the Outlands, especially the Gatetowns (which we'd gotten more space on the Gatetowns their their sphere of influence and that the 3rd book had been a manual of the Planes).
@Demetrios1453 did not specify the original boxed set when they claimed that "90% of Planescape was Sigil and the Outlands". I was responding to that. Now if they misspoke and meant just the original product release, well then of course that's the case.

Micah Sweet

I assume so, if you, again, think they will have to cover all that in a single product. Again, what price point should WotC choose for that 1000+ page product?

If you are indeed not imagining it, what's in the original box set? Is it not almost completely focused on Sigil and the Outlands? Is its coverage on the remaining planes on par with what is in the DMG?

You do realize that people (like myself) were able to play full Planescape campaigns with just that set - we didn't wait until further supplemental material was released (and at that time, we had no way of knowing that further material would be released). If that was possible then, then that's just as possible now.
Again, your statement didn't specify just the original release, it said "Planescape".

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
@Demetrios1453 did not specify the original boxed set when they claimed that "90% of Planescape was Sigil and the Outlands". I was responding to that. Now if they misspoke and meant just the original product release, well then of course that's the case.
I mean, if you reread the quote in context, that is what they were talking about.

I don't think it is especially productive to complain WotC made a starter set for Planescape instead of a continuation of the 2E material. I think you can expect that the DMs Guild will absolutely proliferate with PS material over the next few months, tho.

Micah Sweet

I mean, if you reread the quote in context, that is what they were talking about.

I don't think it is especially productive to complain WotC made a starter set for Planescape instead of a continuation of the 2E material. I think you can expect that the DMs Guild will absolutely proliferate with PS material over the next few months, tho.
True. That fact is the only value I expect to see from this release.

Also, by not really touching the other planes, it still leaves open the possibility of a full Manual of the Planes type product down the line. It would be a bit amusing to have the complaints silenced if they put a disclaimer text in this set saying that they plan to release something like that down the line.

Micah Sweet

Also, by not really touching the other planes, it still leaves open the possibility of a full Manual of the Planes type product down the line. It would be a bit amusing to have the complaints silenced if they put a disclaimer text in this set saying that they plan to release something like that down the line.
They're not going to make that promise. What value would it give them? How does that increase the profits of Hasbro's shareholders?

Priorities, people!

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
There is a lot of planar information sprinkled throughout the SRD. I would not be surprised to see a 3PP "manual of the planes" hit KS soon after PS' release.

Remove ads

Remove ads