• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 1E Check out what Kinkos did to My 1e AD&D UA

I've never had this issue, but I do find the lack of a spine annoying- you can't tell what the book is without pulling it off the shelf (assuming you have multiple books bound like this; most of my homebrewed campaign docs use a similar format).

One spiral book isn't going to be a problem, it can just stick out a bit. What happens when you try to put a bunch of spiral books next to each other, though???

GX.Sigma

Adventurer
The thread necros from people with single digit post counts are getting pretty annoying. Does Kinkos even exist anymore?

n00bdragon

First Post
I wonder if you could get all the pages laminated and if that would make the holes a little stronger too. It would make the book very very fat though. You'd definitely need a huge spiral. Then again, you could hand it to your cheeto-dust encrusted friend without fear.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
I wonder if you could get all the pages laminated and if that would make the holes a little stronger too. It would make the book very very fat though. You'd definitely need a huge spiral. Then again, you could hand it to your cheeto-dust encrusted friend without fear.

My Advanced Squad Leader rules are kept in plastic pockets - and they are terribly bulky. It's not something I recommend in general - I far prefer a properly bound book!

The thread necros from people with single digit post counts are getting pretty annoying. Does Kinkos even exist anymore?

No worries. I had no intention of annoying your delicate sensitivities. Yes, I am trying to drive my post count up a little bit. I have been a member here for a while but I also went through a nasty, drawn out divorce at the time. I had to put fun stuff on hold & concentrate on real life a bit. My apologies. I will make sure to do "better" in the future.

frogimus

First Post
No worries. I had no intention of annoying your delicate sensitivities. Yes, I am trying to drive my post count up a little bit. I have been a member here for a while but I also went through a nasty, drawn out divorce at the time. I had to put fun stuff on hold & concentrate on real life a bit. My apologies. I will make sure to do "better" in the future.

It seems from the responses after your "necro" post that this topic is still relevant.

Thanks, frogimus!

I'm not trying to irritate anybody; I just want to talk about games. :)

All 6 of our copies from my old gaming group fell apart. I was excited to find a cheap & practical solution.

Remove ads