Checking Interest - Dark Sun + 4e + Gladiators!

Shayuri

First Post
Well, I was considering making the character a Battlemind, or something similar. Perhaps the construct is made up primarily of psi-resonant crystal, held together with metal struts buried inside...where they're not visible...

Of course, it could just as easily be a shardmind or something if that was it. Hehe.

Or maybe it's made of some weird "black iron" that doesn't melt and can't be worked with...and of course, the secrets of which are as long lost as the pitiful thing's empire.

All of those ideas work for me, Shay. You could simply have it be a new brand of shardmind, but using the crunch of the warforged. Just as easily, you could go with the psychic resonance field, black iron, or anything. Those all sound agreeable to me.

Theroc

First Post
I'm not very familiar with the Dark Sun setting, except a bit about defilers and preservers(heard a friend talking about them), and apparently now that metal is rare... but gladiatorial combat is just the kind of thing I would like to do. :p

My idea was a Dragonborn barbarian(Anyone who knows me I have a draconic fascination...) who had served in some sort of capacity of worth, not quite noble, but respected, but had been driven over the edge and flew into a rage, thus casting him into dishonor. The gladiatorial combat here would be his chance at redeeming his worth and regaining his place, and perhaps a step ahead, if he lived.

(I had first been thinking warden, but Shayuri's got that covered, so I thought this might be a good second choice.)

Last edited:

Theroc: A dragonborn would be great! Your
character concept sounds like it would fit great with the Templar theme. Basically, they're a caste of soldiers, secret policemen, bureaucrats, and the like - basically the private armies of the individual kings. That might be a good place to start.

renau1g

First Post
In Athas, dragonborn are known as Dray, they were created centuries ago by the dragon-kings to serve as a race of sorcerous warriors. They are not a numerous people, but they are a race of mercenaries, sorcerers, and slave traders. Members of the Veiled Alliance view them with suspicion. They are sly, avaricious, and amoral, although they carefully observe the wording of any deal or bargain they strike. They are fiercely loyal to their fellow Dray.

Remove ads