• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Cheiromancer's Classes

Tirlanolir

First Post
The Night Raven kicks ass!

I would be interested in seeing a Guardian of the Green PrC, built off of the Guardian of Worlds mold. On that, I'm not sure what you intended, but why would a spellcaster take the class? No spellcasting levels, yet spellcasting is a pre-req.

The Mesomagician is DEFINITELY a villian PrC. It's pretty damm neato!

The Goetic, I've already incorporated into my game. :)

Love the stuff!

Cheiromancer

Adventurer
I'm glad you like them! :D

I thought the Guardian of Worlds had enough quasi-magical abilities that some kind of magical talent would have to exist up front in order for the class to build on. Nothing much; 4 levels of any of the half casters (paladin, ranger, hexblade...), a level of bard, one of those feats that grant you 3 cantrips 1/day... heck, you could just be a gnome.

I'll give some thought about Guardian of the Green. My first reaction is that a neutral variant of the GoW would work.
  • Alignment: any neutral (LN, CN, NG, NE or true neutral)
  • replace Knowledge (the planes) with Knowledge (nature)
  • Replace the special requirement with "You must have personally defeated an monster with the extraplanar subtype whose CR is equal to your level."
  • GotG must always retain a measure of neutrality. They may not take vile or exalted feats, or levels in classes with the aura class feature. If they do, they lose their class abilities until they remedy the situation and receive an atonement from a druid.
  • The native plane ability may be taken at the indicated levels, or delayed 1 or more levels; the ability can't be taken more than 1/level, and can be taken only for planes that the DM considers to be "part of the green." Afqithan and Faerie would be examples of planes which could become native planes.
  • remove the planar survival ability. The abilities from levels 5 to 10 are all shifted to one level earlier; GotG is a 9-level class.
  • turnabout, unseen attack, aligned defense and aligned offense work against all extraplanar creatures, but only extraplanar creatures.

With respect to roleplaying, there would be much less emphasis on other planes- most GotG would never leave the Prime, although you could attune yourself to Faerie or Afqithan if you got there- and the abilities work against any extraplanar creature, regardless of alignment. The places where the GoW ask you to make a choice would not exist; your choice is always to oppose extraplanar creatures, no matter what alignment they are. Many abilities would be used only infrequently, if at all. If a 6th level GotG found herself in the nine hells, she might be as surprised as anyone to discover she could planeshift back to the prime.

Aligned defense and offense would be somewhat weaker than they are now; although there would be no gaps in the coverage against extraplanars, the bonuses would never work against fellow natives of the plane. A LG GoW is not going to be fighting angels very often, and so is not inconvenienced by the gap in his protection; but having a permanent protection from evil effect will be *very* useful; what alignment are the creatures most adventurers fight, after all? A GotG with a "protection from extraplanar creatures" is not as well off as a GoW.

Turnabout and unseen attack might be a bit better for a GotG; they can fight elementals and githyanki and such. But that is an insignificant advantage.

So- considering the weaker aligned offense/defense, the loss of planar survival and the limited number of potentially native planes- having most abilities be gained a level earlier is a good thing. And the pre-requisite is probably easier to meet.

How does that look?

[edit]Oh, and flavor text:

Uedii, the Goddess, the Green Reality, groaned as yet another extraplanar entity desecrated her realm by manifesting within its confines. She was still far from her limit – as far as tolerating the interlopers was concerned. Her near-infinite capacity for absorption had, in the past, accommodated entire pantheons of warring gods, before she squashed them like flies.

Nonetheless, Nature was irritated.
[/edit]

Last edited:

Remove ads