• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chess based PrC.

Herobizkit

Adventurer
I use Pot of Greed, which allows me to draw two MORE cards! (I Swear to Jeebus, this is said in EVERY EPISODE).

Here's a few of my suggestions, though they are not well thought out.

Chess pieces get the abilities of their respective class, but are in all other aspects treated as constructs.

Pawn: Rogue of your Class level.
Knight: Paladin of your Class level (With mount).
Bishop: Favored Soul (with spells from Healer class only) of your Class level.
Rook: Fighter of your class level (with Weapon Spec.)
Queen: Warlock (Complete Mage) of your class level.

Last edited:

Visigani

Banned
Banned
Since everyone is clearly aware this is all batshite borked to no end.... allow me to make a few pleasant suggestions.

The pawns should not be able to attack, except as attacks of opportunity. They would bear a shield and a mace and would endeavor to protect the mage.

The Bishops would have access to a single spell per spell level and would only be able to cast spells from the domain of War.

The Rooks are Shield Golems.

Blah blah blah....

The Queen is a sorceress construct cohort, as per the Leadership Feat.

xigbar

Explorer
Since everyone is clearly aware this is all batshite borked to no end.... allow me to make a few pleasant suggestions.

The pawns should not be able to attack, except as attacks of opportunity. They would bear a shield and a mace and would endeavor to protect the mage.

The Bishops would have access to a single spell per spell level and would only be able to cast spells from the domain of War.

The Rooks are Shield Golems.

Blah blah blah....

The Queen is a sorceress construct cohort, as per the Leadership Feat.

Thanks for the (crudely stated but helpful) suggestions.

Icyshadowlord

First Post
I find this idea original (and interesting, of course) enough for me to want to try it with one of my characters. Now I just need to convince my group (especially the DM) that this won't be too overpowered. (or wait for the final version of this class)

xigbar

Explorer
I find this idea original (and interesting, of course) enough for me to want to try it with one of my characters. Now I just need to convince my group (especially the DM) that this won't be too overpowered. (or wait for the final version of this class)

It was just edited to add some changes. I'm glad you like it.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads