• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Game Day planning thread planning thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
pogre said:
However, as I am obviously not a regular ;) I understand catering to the needs of other regulars like Pbartender.
See, these are the benefits of being an ENWorld Game Day Players' Club(tm) card member.

;)

Really, I'm trying to see if we can accomodate some people who've had to miss a bunch of previous game days. In the end, we'll go with whatever date the majority finds acceptable. I'm just hoping it'll be one that lets some of those who've been missing the game days attend.

buzz

Adventurer
Okay, folks... the email notification list has been compiled and a notification sent out. There are 86 people on the list, including me. There are about 20 more users who don't have email addresses in their public profiles, so hopefully Mark or MattyHelms can help me out with those. If not, I may post their names in case anyone knows who they are and can let them know there's a notification list.

We'll see if this generates some traffic in the next few days and garners some more input about the date. We'll then nail down the date by the end of the week and start the official GM/player signup thread.

An official Web site with a FAQ and whatnot is also forthcoming.

And if anyone has some ideas to get more companies to donate prizes, I'm all ears (or, er, eyes in this medium). Bad Axe and Kahn's Press have committed so far. Feel free to foist all kinds of bumpage re: prizes here:
http://www.enworld.org/forums/showthread.php?t=83075

Huzzah!

FCWesel

First Post
Hey BUZZ, I totally understand you want to accomodate as many as you can to get as many into GP''s door for a day of fun and RPng and community-ness, but I would just like to let you know first) thanks for taking over the overseering of CG(P)D.

But I would also like to encourage you to take the reigns of this bad boy and simply decide on a day. Some will make whatever day you decide on, some will not. Obviously I would weigh Curt's (Thalmin's) suggestions heavily as it is his store. ;)

If you REALLY don't know what day to go on, or cannot decide, post a POLL to get a "count of heads". One problem with that obviously is you cannot control WHO actually votes, and I would be concerned of some idiots voting "just for the hades of it".

Again, not meaning to pressure you, just trying to encourage you to decide what day and that I would back your decision as "circus ring leader".

mostholycerebus

First Post
First, thanks buzz for the heads-up. Last time knowthetoe emailed me, but I couldn't make that one.

I'm for the 26th. Every year I miss Origins, the premiere con for my favorite company AEG, because of cost and time involved. Chi-Town gameday will help fill the aching hole on my heart.

I would probably be willing to run a d10 L5R game, and maybe a Spycraft game as well.

MattyHelms

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
How about:

We promise--no Synnibarr this time
EN Chicago Gameday - June xx, 2004

You might lose me and MattyHelms, but it'd probably draw in a lot more people. :lol:

Man, I just find out about this thread and then I stumble across this. :)

As for Gameday stuff - I may not be the best person to ask, but - static web page and enlisting up GM's before opening the general signup both sound like great ideas. The 26th is a good choice for all the reasons people have mentioned.

Not sure if I can make it to this one, but good luck and all!

-Matt!!!!

buzz

Adventurer
FCWesel said:
But I would also like to encourage you to take the reigns of this bad boy and simply decide on a day.
Oh, I will. All of this "asking for input" nonsense is just a formality before I take ove... I mean, uh, happy fuzzy pupppies! :D

Really, since I just sent out the mailing, I want give it a day or two. Then we'll move on.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Hello All!

First, I want to thank everyone who put up with my lack of voice last Gameday. I am all better now. :D

Buzz, good Idea about emailing previous attendees. I would not have know about this thread otherwise.

As much as I love attending Origins, I think having the Gameday on the 26th is a good Idea. I will not be attending Origins this year due to financial reasons and it does not seem the many of the normal attendees will be going to Origins so, it offers a fun-filled alternative.

As I promised Buzz, I will run a Darwin's World event. Also, I have had a previous dialogue with RPG Objects about running a “Living” Darwin's World so if I use the CGD as a starting point, I might be able to generate some official prize support.

I concur with the idea to have all the DMs confirmed before allowing Players to sign up. it would solve many problems. We should set a deadline for DM event submission, say May 15th?

Also, I am willing to donate my professional services as a Graphic Designer / Web Designer to help generate any graphics or flyers needed for the CGD.

As for additional prize support, have you contacted James at RPGNOW.com? Assuming Thalmin does not mind, I think he would love the EN World exposure. He could contact all of his clients and ask for prizes for the Gameday. When I did business with him as Shield of Faith Studios, he seemed quite cool about such things.

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla said:
I concur with the idea to have all the DMs confirmed before allowing Players to sign up. it would solve many problems. We should set a deadline for DM event submission, say May 15th?
May 15th is reasonable, but I don't want to say anything definitive just yet.

Reidzilla said:
Also, I am willing to donate my professional services as a Graphic Designer / Web Designer to help generate any graphics or flyers needed for the CGD.
Booyah! Thanks for the offer, 'Zilla. :D

Reidzilla said:
As for additional prize support, have you contacted James at RPGNOW.com? Assuming Thalmin does not mind, I think he would love the EN World exposure. He could contact all of his clients and ask for prizes for the Gameday. When I did business with him as Shield of Faith Studios, he seemed quite cool about such things.
I have not yet contacted him, but I will. You're just full of good ideas! :)

Painfully

First Post
When I said we should think d20 first, that doesn't mean we need to be exclusive. I've certainly enjoyed much of the non-d20 offerings at gameday, and hope to continue to do so in the future. It was just a reminder that if we are hoping to pull in more EN Worlders, it will probably require more than a single D&D game, and one other d20 game to entice them, such as at the previous gameday.

It will lie in the hands of the DMs as to what games are run at Gameday, and while I hope that we will have plenty to offer those that have previously chosen to come less often, it is not my intention to turn this into a d20 exclusive gameday. Ultimately, those who want more d20 games at gameday are welcome to DM a game of their own, after all.

For anybody who has their heart set on a non-d20 game, please don't hesitate to offer your game. If I'm curious enough, I'll probably sign up! ;)

As for dates, Saturdays in general work fine for me. No matter what date get picked, I hope to see some more new (and old) faces this time around! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads