• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 25 is Feb 27th: Planning and GM signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chgowiz

First Post
Do you intend to set up a cam and capture some of it for your website?

I will now. That's a great idea!

And I'm hoping to do it in a "drop in/drop out" way so that people can come paint for awhile and go do other things if they want. Maybe have someone talk about a specific thing at the top of each hour, or every 30 minutes.

I should write that down, I'll forget. :erm:

I'm hoping to lure enough people with their new shiny minis to my game in the afternoon.

buzz

Adventurer
FYI, I've recanted my AD&D1e game. I will run at least one event, but a cramped February looks like it's going to give me less time than I'd thought for advance prep. Further bulletins as events warrant!

Reidzilla

Explorer
Since we've got a preponderance of fantasy games this time around, I'll save Barbarian Verses for another time and Atomic Highway for when the print version is available.

18 holes of DOOM!
System: InSpectres
Players: 4
So, you've just opened the doors to your brand new Mount Prospect InSpectres franchise and in walks your first customer! Apparently an ominous dark cloud has covered the Mount Prospect Golf Club grounds and several golfers have gone missing. Can your inexperienced InSpectres team discover what wickedness lurks at Mount Prospect's most historical recreation area? Lock and load guys; it looks like it's time to tee off some evil!

No experience or supplies needed. Just bring a healthy spirit for some semi-serious, narrative style 'busting adventure with dash of cheesy humor. I highly recommend checking out the free, bare-bones version of the InSpectres rules available here.

Who you gona call? INSPECTRES!

Sorry to thread crash, but I have a couple of questions - as you can tell I too am an Illinois native - the bad news being y'all live on the wrong end of the state. :)

But seriously - an eight hour trip to Chicago land isn't in the cards, but does anyone have a data base of folks down state - we just moved back after living in Baltimore for the last 15 years and my 13 person campaign group couldn't move with us... I've been without a group for about 13 months and I'm starting to go into withdrawals.

With the exception of posting on the bulletin board at the game shop (which so far has yielded nada) there isn't much of a way to say "Hey, I'm a gamer and I don't care about the religious nuts who think we're weird", without getting lynched and burned as a heretic.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Sorry to thread crash, but I have a couple of questions - as you can tell I too am an Illinois native - the bad news being y'all live on the wrong end of the state. :)

We rarely hear a "ya'll" up this end. ;)

But seriously - an eight hour trip to Chicago land isn't in the cards, but does anyone have a data base of folks down state - we just moved back after living in Baltimore for the last 15 years and my 13 person campaign group couldn't move with us... I've been without a group for about 13 months and I'm starting to go into withdrawals.

With the exception of posting on the bulletin board at the game shop (which so far has yielded nada) there isn't much of a way to say "Hey, I'm a gamer and I don't care about the religious nuts who think we're weird", without getting lynched and burned as a heretic.

Have you tried Carbondale? They must have a fair number of gamers.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
the bad news being y'all live on the wrong end of the state. :)

I've been without a group for about 13 months and I'm starting to go into withdrawals.

Thunderfoot! We live on the side closer to the cheese, how could this be the wrong side?

You're welcome to join my group any time. Bad news though. I'm probably a 9 hour drive away and we play [whisper]4E.[/whisper] :)

Seriously though, if you got a spare 16 hours for a round-trip drive, you can't beat visiting the World's Greatest Game Store and hanging out for a Chicago Gameday.

Edit: Google Maps lists Anna to Mt Prospect as 6 hours, that makes it 5 driving like most Chicagoans. See, I'm cutting down your drive-time already. :)

Last edited:

Ninjacat

First Post
Thunderfoot! We live on the side closer to the cheese, how could this be the wrong side?

Y'all can see the cheese from your backyard! (I say "y'all" fairly frequently, but I'm weird with Southern associations like that. You can tell Mark isn't, he spelled it wrong. ;D )

Edit: Google Maps lists Anna to Mt Prospect as 6 hours, that makes it 5 driving like most Chicagoans. See, I'm cutting down your drive-time already. :)

"..makes it 5 driving like most Chicagoans."- -True. So very, very true. *g*

Vyv - thanks for the invite. We always said we wanted to hang out and now it seems that the day is closer than it was (Vyv and I go way back on the old WotC boards). Still, the driving reference explain why all those northerners from Canada south (ie Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota, etc) called me a FID... :(

Mark - Carbondale is only a stone's throw from the house, it's also where I posted my flyer...It's the only place around here with a game shop. Like I said, they still organize D&D book burnings in this area.

And yes, y'all is a contraction for you and all... I have yet to figure out what "yews guys" is though... ;) Here's to getting up that way one of these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads