Chicago Gameday 26 is June 12th: sign up to play!

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thank you all for coming out, thanks again to the GMs, and a special thanks to buzz for organizing this.

(I would fork this if that button still existed)
Just a reminder that we are hosting the Free RPG Day this coming Saturday, June 19. We have a couple open games on the list for 11 am, so come on out. Lots of good freebies:
Free RPG Day
Alderac Entertainment Group
(5 per box), L5R 4th Edition RPG Quickstart & Adventure
Amarillo Design Bureau
Store Sample (1 per box), Prime Directive Quickstart
Blue Panther
Store Sample (1 per box), Unique Color Knockdown Dice Tower
Chessex Manufacturing
(4 per box), Commemorative Dice
Columbia Games
Store Sample (1 per box), Harn Quickstart & Adventure
Exile Game Studios
(3 per box), Hollow Earth Expedition Quickstart & Adv.
Fantasy Flight Games
(10 per box), Warhammer 40K Roleplay: Deathwatch Adventure
Goodman Games
(5 per box), Age of Cthulhu Adventure: Abominations of the Amazon Adventure
Guild of Blades Publishing
Store Sample (1 per box), Heroes Forever Quickstart & Adventure
Paizo Publishing
(10 per box), Pathfinder Module: Master of the Fallen FortressQ-Workshop
(10 per box), unique dice
Skirmisher Publishing
(3 per box), d-∞, Volume 0
Troll Lord Games
(5 per box), Castles & Crusades Quickstart and Adventure
White Wolf Publishing
(10 per box), New Exalted 2nd Edition Quickstart & Adventure entitled "Under the Rose"
Wizards of the Coast
(15 per box), Dark Sun 4th Edition D&D Adventure
(If anyone wants to run something, let me know)

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Thanks, as always, to thalmin, Games Plus, and Mark AKA "Buzz" for hosting and organizing. There was a good vibe in the gameroom as usual and the new blood was also welcome. Thanks to pvt. patterson and oneleggedman for an unpredictable game of Kingmaker that went back and forth many times due to war and plague ending in an uneasy truce/draw. Also, thanks much to the Skach Family for bringing BattleMasters. We had a blast and it was good to meet Len and see WRon again, along with Jim, C-Dawg and the Halinator.

I must have had five helpings of TracerBullet42 a l'orange with a side of cowbell. Delicious!

Tofu_Master

Explorer
I must have had five helpings of TracerBullet42 a l'orange with a side of cowbell. Delicious!

Gee Thanks Mark, we already felt bad that we had to miss breakfast, but rub it in about the delicious num nums!!! :p

That's ok, in a sense, I had a double helping of Supernatural to make up for the loss. The morning game was pretty kool. Note to anyone who plays Ghostfacers: Do not be nosey (like me) or push ppl into anything sharp, evil, & hurtie... it'll come back to bite ya in the end. Go figure! :erm:

Josh, it was a great game as always. It was an immense pleasure to see old friends & Mz PuffDebbie to make new ones!!! Josh, The video you put together for us was so awesome, I love it!!! I'm gonna have John download it for me!!!! Thank you, thank you.

This GameDay was particularly special (cause they're all special to me) because we rarely see everyone from the store since we moved. We miss you all. It felt so good seeing everyone & maybe as great as GameDay itself was the nightcap of fun, stories, & laughter shared outside when the store closed.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Thanks to Buzz for organizing, Games Plus for hosting, and Mark for the pics.

Thanks to my players for weathering the Hill Fort Meatgrinder. Hopefully you had some fun after being burned, bludgeoned, stabbed and teleport-punched. For anyone interested, under the original module tournament point system your party scored 40 points out of a possible 50.

Thanks Josh for another fun game of Supernatural. Of course we'll always sign up for your Supernatural events sight-unseen. I'm surprised Buzz doesn't post your SPN events with our names hard-coded into the list. :)

And thanks to the Paranoia table. Your comments from over the wall kept us laughing. Although I was the only one unsurprised about the "Will you teach us about sex" comment. It's Paranoia! [The comment did put the seed of a Paranoia adventure idea in my head though. I will probably never use it, so if you're interested WJMacGuffin, pm me.]

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to Curt and everyone at Games Plus for being such gracious hosts, to Buzz for organizing, and to all the GMs. I enjoyed J.D. Skach's game and was glad to see every one.

TracerBullet42

First Post

Ah, so that explains the bite marks...

Another great gameday! It was so good to be back after missing the last four of these...

Thanks to Curt (Thalmin) and Mark (Buzz) for hosting/organizing everything!

Great fun in the morning Star Wars game was had by all. Who knew that a young jedi named Adam could make a convincing female wookie jedi? Awesomeness. Extra special thanks to Skywill for knowing what "Myrkr" was...good to have someone at the table who knows something about Star Wars!

To my afternoon players, thanks for playing! sw3333, rvalle, bigznak, oneleggedman, Ermac426, and JonLib stayed off the revenge antics of one really pissed off Death Knight. In fact, they killed him and his #1 minion in just two rounds...(and I wept a little.)

More importantly, the evil magical flying cow of doom (Demimoo!) was slain and will no longer be able to harass anyone...(because it'd be ridiculous to have an undead evil magical flying cow of doom, right? RIGHT?)

Thanks again!!!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I just got back from Half Priced Books where I picked up a sealed copy of Ghostbusters Pumpkin Patch Panic for $4.

Remove ads