• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday 27 Planning Thread: getting ready for October 23rd

WJMacGuffin

Explorer
Added. (Though, WJ, I hope you're not feeling obligated to run two events.)

I didn't feel obligated, but it sounded like you needed more PM events--that's why I offered.

ATTENTION! If anyone wants to run a game in the PM, I will step down and you can run a game in my place! I'm comfortable with running Paranoia in the afternoon slot, so like Buzz said, don't feel obligated. That said, if you get the itch to run something, I will move aside so you may scratch that itch.

Ninjacat

First Post
ATTENTION! If anyone wants to run a game in the PM, I will step down and you can run a game in my place! I'm comfortable with running Paranoia in the afternoon slot, so like Buzz said, don't feel obligated. That said, if you get the itch to run something, I will move aside so you may scratch that itch.

I really, Really, REALLY want to try the Dresden RPG, so I'm holding out for that, but it only has five seats...if I don't make it in, I would be happy to run an apocalyptic survival-horror themed Cortex Plus game in the afternoon.

Buzz, if you'd prefer not to re-arrange the scheduled events after sign-up goes live, that's totally understandable and I'll just take my chances. OTOH, I figure your Dresden event is going to fill up in very short order, so it probably wouldn't be a biggie either way. (On another hand, WJMacG's Paranoia is popular enough it might get a seat filled before Dresden fills up...I wouldn't want to take WJ's place running if he already had a seat or seats filled.)

I think I'm gonna have to file this under "Wait & See", depending on how things go. (Did you have a timeline for the sign-up thread? I work until 7 most days, including almost every Sunday, but I'm still hopeful...I have minions.)

buzz

Adventurer
I didn't feel obligated, but it sounded like you needed more PM events--that's why I offered.
Well, it is certainly appreciated. :)

(Did you have a timeline for the sign-up thread? I work until 7 most days, including almost every Sunday, but I'm still hopeful...I have minions.)
Typically, we do it two weeks before, on Sunday or Monday evening (so the 10th or 11th of October). I'm honestly not sure which is more convenient for most folks.

I will send definitive word within the next week.

I guess I can run the Descent game in the afternoon slot in that private room since it was a request.
Added. But, hey, you are the captain of your own destiny... run what you want!

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
http://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/17226/descent-journeys-in-the-dark

System: Descent: Journeys in the Dark (boardgame)
Players: 4 Seats (plus me as Overlord)
Time: PM

Description - Descent: Journeys in the Dark is a semi-cooperative game in which two to five players will take on the antagonistic roles of heroes and Overlord. Up to four players will choose characters with a wide assortment of skills and innate abilities to be the heroes who will explore dungeons in search of treasure and adventure. One player will take on the role of the Overlord and will control the dungeon's many traps, puzzles, and monsters.

The heroes' goal will be to cooperatively conquer the dungeon, seize its many treasures, and achieve other objectives as set by the scenario. If the heroes cooperate and achieve their goals, they will all win. The Overlord's objective is simply to use all the means at his or her disposal - from deadly traps and ferocious monsters - to kill the heroes. Each hero has a certain Conquest Point value to the party and if too many Conquest Points are lost through hero death, the party loses and the Overlord wins.

Likely we will get in more than one game. I'll run a short one as a sample then one that is more typical.

Reidzilla

Explorer
Buzz,

I'm trying to decide between two events.

#1) the PCs are intelligent zombies attempting to lead a zombie hoard to freedom from a quarantined medical facility. It will be a bit of a strategic/combaty game with zombie hoard resource management thrown in. System: probably Savage Worlds.

#2) You and your friends from the local college decide to check out the legendary old "haunted house" at the edge of town. Turns out it was haunted by something very nasty and you all got killed. Now you are trapped there as ghosts with the Awful Nasty Thing(TM). You see that the Ghost Chasers, a web-famous paranormal investigation team, have come to check out the house. Can you help save them from painful, grizzly deaths? Could you possibly help them break the curse that imprisons you in the house? System: PDQ

Bront

The man with the probe
Game: Umlaut: The Game of Metal
Seats: 3-5 Players + Me (6th Seat available depending on bribes)
Slot: PM

Blurb: Build a band and narrate the growing music scene with your fellow players as you strive to become the happiest and most famous metal band from Chicago. Raise money, practice, get into fights, pull promotional stunts, and rock the house in this collaborative and competitive narrative game.
Minor updates Buzz. Mostly clarifying the players, and opening up bribing. You can never open up bribing too early.

Remove ads