Chicago Gameday 33 is Nov 10: SIGN UP TO PLAY

buzz

Adventurer
Another Gameday for the record books. Maybe not Guinness, but maybe the Big Book of Local RPG Cons, assuming it existed.

Based on the sign-in sheet, I think we had about 34 attendees this time around, not counting any walk-ins I may have overlooked. Not ginormous as Gamedays go, but healthy. And it certainly *sounded* like a lot of people. (*cough* Ninjacat *cough*) ;)

Photos that I took are now on the Gameday Facebook page. Enjoy, and tag/comment to your heart's content.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.398226970247750.95932.121115257958924&type=1

This was a rough Gameday for me. I managed to catch a cold on Thursday, recuperated as much as I could on Friday, and came to Gameday feeling like my head was in a form-cast block of styrofoam. But I carried on and had a ton of fun!

Breakfast was a blast; I think we had more people there at the same time than many Gamedays I can remember. I was a hoot to break bread with everyone and talk of nerdy things.

My morning Mouse Guard event saw my energy level at a bit of a low ebb, but I think I managed to run a fun game for paladinlle, Laurie, Tim and PhilK. This was the third time I'd run this particular mission, and once again it was totally different than the other runs; that's something I love about MG. We crammed in three separate conflicts; this patrol got some much done that I had to run a mission from the rulebook on the fly. Good times.

I was strangely energized for my afternoon Marvel event. Vyvyan Basterd, Trevalon Moonleirion, Painfully and SublimeExemplar played a great Fantastic Four (with Storm subbing in for Invisible Woman). It was a long slog, but they managed to take down Dr. Doom and prevent him from getting his hands on Mjolnir. Unfortunately, try as they might, none of them proved worthy of wielding the hammer. Maybe next time, True Believers!

Thanks as usual to Games Plus for giving us space for our event! And of course thank to all of our volunteer GMs for running games, and all of our attendees for coming out and playing them!

Here's looking forward to Gameday 34!

Thanks to all of my players in Feng Shui who reminded me how much I love that system. Apologies for any rules issues or slow moments--my GMing is a bit rusty! I had an absolute blast and think we had some pretty epic fights. Big hat tip to all players for making my goofy creations come to life, especially Jim. (Fong FONG?! Why is there a helicopter?!!! FONG?!!)

Thanks buzz for an awesome Marvel event--it seems like a really neat system and as always, your events rock regardless of system. Apologies to the rest of the table for being the worst Human Torch ever, and my inability to roll anything but opportunities for the GM! ;)

Thanks as always to our gracious hosts at GP--the best game store on earth!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Thanks to my morning group for showing how the Marvel Heroic system really shines. Heart-felt speeches made to sway pro-registration senators in Congress. Colossus trying to reason with a fellow Russian super-villain in throw-back Iron Man armor before ever throwing a punch. And a mid-air hijacking where the heroes, none of whom could fly, started on a completely different jet. Lots of fun!

Thanks to Buzz for making my Marvel Day complete and helping me understand where I made some errors in my attempt to learn the system. And apologies to my fellow players for noting, out loud, rules to Buzz even when they hurt us. I'm really not a rules lawyer normally, really really. :)

buzz

Adventurer
Enjoyed having lunch with Jason and Kent, too! :)
Hey, speaking of lunch, I want to give a shout out to Mia's Cantina, which is just up the street (northwest) from Games Plus. It's a great little tequila bar and mexican eatery; I got a massive burrito for under $9, and the ambiance and service are great. It's probably the best lunch I've ever had at Gameday.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
[MENTION=24418]Ninjacat[/MENTION] , [MENTION=49695]enigma1122[/MENTION] , [MENTION=47272]Lord_ruben[/MENTION] , [MENTION=43061]jekessler[/MENTION]

I may limit the pool of available heroes next time around to X-Men only since three quaters of the table were. But I couldn't leave out honorary X-Man, Clint Barton. So I created the attached hero datafile.

Attachments

• MHR_CW_XBOW_052412x[1].pdf
    618.1 KB · Views: 109

Ninjacat

First Post
I may limit the pool of available heroes next time around to X-Men only since three quaters of the table were. But I couldn't leave out honorary X-Man, Clint Barton. So I created the attached hero datafile.

X-Bow, eh? I had an idea for a new codename "Pinpoint", but we didn't get to a second transition scene to suggest it, ah well. Somebody suggested Clint's cover ID is a low-level precog, so he never misses...that's awesome. Emma offered to help Clint keep his secrets, which works for her XP...and turns out works for Clint's, too, with the whole "new mask" thing. Very, very interesting!

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
X-Bow, eh? I had an idea for a new codename "Pinpoint", but we didn't get to a second transition scene to suggest it, ah well. Somebody suggested Clint's cover ID is a low-level precog, so he never misses...that's awesome. Emma offered to help Clint keep his secrets, which works for her XP...and turns out works for Clint's, too, with the whole "new mask" thing. Very, very interesting!

Pinpoint works too, I can have my friend re-edit the datafile if that's your preference. I was shooting for cheesy Marvel goodness while throwing an "X" in the mix. The name would be said aloud as "Crossbow." I liked the Ultimate Hawkeye art I found, looks like he's wearing a pair of Scott's ruby shades.

Remove ads