• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday IX is Oct 23rd: THE AFTERMATH...

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
:(

so when is the next one so i can miss that too? ;)

ugh... it felt like yesterday was a conspiracy of everyone to keep me busy just long enough that i couldn't make it. :(

curt, how late is games plus open on weekdays? i get off work at 5:30, so i could get there about an hour later... can't ask you to hold my magazines forever. ;) of course, i will probably have to wait to make the trip out there until my wife's car gets fixed or i have another free weekend...

Jaws

First Post
I had a blast!

Games Plus is a great gaming store. I could just browse for days.

Curt Duval & Jeff Swegler were awesome. Thank you for hosting. I look forward to Chicago Gameday X.

buzz is the man. Organizing it all and a fun person to game with. Tricked us all in Halma's Eberron adventure.

This was my first time DMing in this kind of environment. I want to personally thank Quickbeam, Joshua Dyal, William Ronald, Halma, and Tomoloc1973 for making my debut a very relaxed and enjoyable time. Y'all did a fantastic job of picking up the rules and the flavor of Monte Cook's Arcana Unearthed. I will e-mail everybody about the things you missed because of running out of time.

The Great Train Robbery was a lot of fun. We should of done less planning and more adventuring. Halma is a good DM and will jump at the chance of playing in another of his adventures. Quickbeam, Tomoloc1973, buzz, omokage, and William Ronald are creative and imaginative.

I want to thank Barendd Nobeard the most. He made the trip down from Milwaukee stress free. I hope we make the next Chicago gameday together.

And hopefully we will start up a Milwaukee Gameday come January.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Ninjacat

First Post
Reidzilla/Yort/Rowport:

All praise the Golden Age Glory, huh? *snicker*

And All Fear Teh Immo-lator.

Or, y'know, Not. Heh.

Yort/FCWesel/Barendd Nobeard:

OmiGOD, "Angel" was =too= much fun!

Monkeys! Monkey-headbutts! Modeling Students! Chain-smoking-uber-geeks who actually possess levels of Attractive! (Bwah!! lmao) Light spells! Cubs Win! CUBS WIN!!

*dies laughing*

And the Drama Points for the appropriately witty/cheezy Buffy-esque lines of dialogue was a thing of beauty! :lol:

And the poor, poor minivan. (Hee!)

Last edited:

FCWesel

First Post
Jaws said:
And hopefully we will start up a Milwaukee Gameday come January.

I know Tracerbullet42 and Monkeycheese42 and myself would probably be up for a trip for a MGD (hehehe), though January is a tough month I can already forsee 2-3 weekends that would be rough. 9th wedding anniversary for my wife and I and a birthday thing, hopefully we can get up there...keep us posted.

FCWesel said:
I know Tracerbullet42 and Monkeycheese42 and myself would probably be up for a trip for a MGD (hehehe), though January is a tough month I can already forsee 2-3 weekends that would be rough. 9th wedding anniversary for my wife and I and a birthday thing, hopefully we can get up there...keep us posted.
Let us know your schedule and we'll try to plan around it. Anything for another FCWesel game! :)

Will you be coming up in the minivan from the "Angel" game?

Painfully

First Post
And here are some mug shots of the oriental adventures players in slot 2. Note the well stocked vending machines at Games Plus, and the other pic shows the mini painting crew in the background.

That's Reidzilla giving the thumbs up, probably after a half dozen invisible guards at the wedding reception jumped our adventuring party! :D

Attachments

• slot 2 oriental adventures.jpg
    slot 2 oriental adventures.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 54
  • slot 2 oriental adventures 2.jpg
    slot 2 oriental adventures 2.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 49

FCWesel

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
Will you be coming up in the minivan from the "Angel" game?

We do own a minivan. In all reality I will see if Tracerbullet could drive, better gas milage...plus I have seen what you freaks do to vehicles. Better him then me. I mean, it's not like he's supposed to have fun...so... I am doing it FOR him. yeah that's the ticket. Morgan Fairchild!

FCWesel

First Post
Painfully said:
And here are some mug shots of the oriental adventures players in slot 2.

HEY! If you look at the upper right corner of the second PIC you will see Tracerbullet42 in the white shirt and Ninjacat in the dark shirt playing ANGEL: This Modern Jungle.

:lol:

Note how happy they are to be playing...or it could be gas.

Last edited:

Halma

First Post
Jaws said:
Buzz is the man. Organizing it all and a fun person to game with. Tricked us all in Halma's Eberron adventure.

The Great Train Robbery was a lot of fun. We should of done less planning and more adventuring. Halma is a good DM and will jump at the chance of playing in another of his adventures. Quickbeam, Tomoloc1973, buzz, omokage, and William Ronald are creative and imaginative.
Ahh... Shucks man!!! *Kicks dirt under his feet* Thanks guys for the compliments... :eek:

Your game was a ton of fun too.. I really had a good time playing in a AU game with all involved and I would certainly love to play in more of them. Jaws made our experience ejoyable in both his game, and in mine. Good solid player and great DM. I would play in any game run by Jaws in the future that is for sure. Pretty soon you will be running events at Gen-Con. ;) Even though I died, in your game I think we had a good mission accomplished. And a big Shout out goes to Jaws, Quickbeam, Joshua, Tomoloc, William, Omokage, Buzz, Curt and Crew for making my game day a fun one.

Quickbeam, and Josh see you in Detroit guys.

buzz said:
Ludos to Halma, Tomoloc, Jaws, William Ronald, Quickbeam, and omokage for helping stage the ultimate lightning rail heist! Thanks for running, Halma! P.S., Quickbeam: after you left, the Face managed to use her wand of Knock to open the safe and get The Item. She then jumped off the train and left all of you in the lurch. That's Neutral Evil for you! Rest assured, Halma said that she meets a nasty end when our employer gets his hands on her.

Buzz you evil bastard...Thanks for playing in my game sir..
Our crew did a fantastic job and you were all easy to DM. I certainly enjoyed weaving my story for you all, and would love to have any one of you join my games in the future. Your organizational “skilz” for this day has made our game day a really good time and a big success thanks for doing such a great job sir. Keep up the good work Buzz.

Thanks guys,

Halma

"You know Milwaukee is known for their beer, but how do you make Milwaukee Wine?"

"Move Gen-con to Indy ;)"

Last edited:

Remove ads