• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday: Read about what you missed

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
buzz said:
Mark, due to the typo that GORAK pointed out, Yukon was under the impression email approval was required for GORAK's Ravenloft game.

Yukon, this was my error. You didn't need email approval for Voyage of the Damned.

I see. Yukon and his wife are all set for the first slot Ravenloft game, then. I was wondering about that since I'm now out of spots anyway, so I'm glad that has worked out for everyone. Thanks!

mgrasso

First Post
As far as a putative Eberron game is concerned:

I don't want to rock the boat, but I do want to offer my services as DM if they're needed. I'm mostly interested in running something, not playing.

Please let me know if there's room for a pickup game today so I know whether I'll want to come out. Am I right in assuming that the pickup game will most likely be needed in the morning?

Mike

thalmin

Retired game store owner
mgrasso said:
As far as a putative Eberron game is concerned:

I don't want to rock the boat, but I do want to offer my services as DM if they're needed. I'm mostly interested in running something, not playing.

Please let me know if there's room for a pickup game today so I know whether I'll want to come out. Am I right in assuming that the pickup game will most likely be needed in the morning?

Mike
We have 33 people signed up for morning events, and 28 signed up for afternoon (counting judges).

mgrasso

First Post
thalmin said:
We have 33 people signed up for morning events, and 28 signed up for afternoon (counting judges).

Typically, though, there's fewer players floating around in the afternoon for pickup games?

buzz

Adventurer
mgrasso said:
Typically, though, there's fewer players floating around in the afternoon for pickup games?
IME. There's fewer players in general in the afternoon.

Before we talk about adding a backup game, however, I think we should talk about reinstating Reidzilla's DW game, as its removal is ther whole reason we're "short". With the player who expressed interest in it last night, that would leave three open spots in that game and two in Trev n' Barennd's. Do we think more than 4-5 walk-ins would show up? Reid, would you run with just three confirmed players?

Guess this'll teach me to merge games *before* the last minute. :)

William Ronald

Explorer
I think reinstating Reidzilla's game might be a good idea. Buzz, I will be ready with my back up D&D adventure (fine tuning characters for a version of something I ran at the first EN World Gameday.)

Maybe mgrasso and I can both be ready if we are needed. However, I think it makes sense to fill the scheduled games first. See you tomorrow!!

mgrasso

First Post
It probably does make more sense to bring back an existing game than for me to create a new adventure, pre-gens, and come out there tomorrow. So I'll pass on this Games Day. Hope everyone has a good time.

Mike

buzz

Adventurer
Reidzilla: Your game is back, and you have three players so far.

Trev n' Barnendd: This opens up two slots in your game.

mgrasso: It'd be awesome if you could pinch-hit along with William, but you should sign up for an event in case it's not needed.

Note to self: Except for egregious cases, do not merge games until Gameday actually begins. :\

Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
mgrasso said:
So I'll pass on this Games Day. Hope everyone has a good time.
Sorry to hear it, mgrasso. I do hope you'll run something next time. The d20M adventure of yours I played in a while back was fantastic.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads