• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XV: Thanks for the memories

buzz

Adventurer
Nev the Deranged said:
Also, I've flipped through Burning Empires but not read it. Is that enough to play, or is it too complicated to learn on the fly? I could go with either that or Supers, Inc... not sure which, and that could be the deciding factor, so let me know.
No previous experience is necessary, Nev. If you've ever played Burning Wheel, you're in an even better position.

Of course, Supers, Inc. will probably rawk, too, so you're good with either choice. Let us know!

HinterWelt

First Post
buzz said:
No previous experience is necessary, Nev. If you've ever played Burning Wheel, you're in an even better position.

Of course, Supers, Inc. will probably rawk, too, so you're good with either choice. Let us know!
Just an aside to the poster in the terms of info on Supers Inc. It uses our Iridium Lite and has everything right on the sheet. The complex parts would be hit locations (don't wince :) ). Combat is three steps: Roll for init, Roll to hit, and Roll for location. Skills are calculated on the sheet and give you a target number that you must roll under on a d20. I have had no problems with newbies to veteran gamers picking the system up quick.

As for Burning Empires, can't help there. I have only heard a very small amount about it.

Bill

spacepirat3

First Post
Please sign me up for:

Slot 1
Game 4: The WolfRiders, D&D 3.5, Redwind

and

Slot 2
Game 6: Excuse Me, But I Believe I Ordered the Pinapple Special, D&D 3.5, TracerBullet42 (private room)

Thanks

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Signup for Burning Empires

Hokay, it was a tough choice, but I'm gonna go with Burning Empires, since I am well enough acquainted with Luke to know he's awesome, but not well enough acquainted with his games to know why *they're* awesome, and it seems like I should fix that.

So, sign me up for Burning Empires, Slot 2, Game 1.

Good luck with the Supers thing, that sounds cool too.

Remove ads