• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XV: Thanks for the memories

Sir Brennen

Legend
Buzzo,

Can we start an alternate player list for Game 1: The Iron Heroes vs. The Isle of Dread in case one of the scheduled gamers
gets whacked
errr.. has something that looks like an accident
I mean... can't make it for some unknown reason?

I'll be the first on that list.

Otherwise, sign me up for Game 4: The WolfRiders

Thanks

Pbartender

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
Buzzo,

Can we start an alternate player list for Game 1: The Iron Heroes vs. The Isle of Dread in case one of the scheduled gamers
gets whacked
errr.. has something that looks like an accident
I mean... can't make it for some unknown reason?

I'll be the first on that list.

Otherwise, sign me up for Game 4: The WolfRiders

Thanks

As honored as I am... I can't say I condone that.

I don't want people signing up for another game, and then shifting to another at the last minute when a seat opens up in a different game. The gameday has had problems with that in the past. I, personally, have had to cancel a scheduled game in the past due to a lack of players, because they switched to a different game at the last minute.

With all the preparation that goes into planning and running a gameday game... It royally sucks to have that happen, and I refuse to be cause for putting a fellow GM through that.

Sorry, Sir Brennan.

Sir Brennen

Legend
Oh, I completely understand... it was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, anyway. If I was serious, I'd not sign up for another game precisely for the reasons you mention.

Pbartender

First Post
Sir Brennen said:
Oh, I completely understand... it was a tongue-in-cheek suggestion, anyway. If I was serious, I'd not sign up for another game precisely for the reasons you mention.

No problem... hard to tell the tongue-in-cheekiness of messageboard posts sometimes... ;)

Either way, I didn't think it'd hurt to reiterate that stance.

buzz

Adventurer
Sir Brennen said:
I figured as much. :) Regardless, I added some language to the OP that event-jumping is a no-no.

Oh, and you're signed up for WolfRiders.

buzz

Adventurer
Mark CMG said:
Well. if a DM needs to drop out or no one signs up for the afternoon minis session, the offer I made to run a second D&D game stands. :)
Thanks, Mark! Let's give it another week or so and see if the afternoon minis event gets some sign-ups. If not, I'll take you up on your offer.

Yort

First Post
Hey Buzz,

Thanks for pointing out the obviously open game slots. As well as being slow, my vision seems to be fading. I'm old and getting older, fast. Just one more Gameday, Oh Great One, before taking me on that final TPK.

Anyways, sign me up for Game 4 in the morning session.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads