• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XVII ROCKED: The Aftermath...

bigznak

First Post
Thanks Buzz, and Games Plus!!!!

What an awesome Games Day. I had a great time in Dude, where's my spellbook, and Paranoia was a blast! I DO NOTHING!!!! That way I am safe. Thanks again guys, I had a great time

See ya next time.

Thanks for everyone involved; I had a great time.

Thanks to Curt and Games Plus for hosting--a fantastic site for a gameday and wonderful hosts, as always.

Thanks to Buzz for organizing the shindig!

Thanks to the ten players from the various Ablets--Mt. McCracken was a lot of fun. Props to "Absent Guy" (William, this became your name after you left), socpsychguy ("I coup de grace the giant for [rolls dice] 13 points of damage"), rowport ("I attack; that's a--I FORGOT TO POWER ATTACK! ARRRRRGHHHH!"), Monte_at_home ("I tell the group that the [raise dead item] only works on me"), and Trev (DM: "It's the top of the round; Trev, you're up" / Trev: "Close Wounds. Sound Lance."), all from South Ablet. From the North Ablet side, props to Jay (speed: 90; speed: 60; speed 30; speed 60....), Wendy ("Calcium? Halcyon?"), Dan ("I'm at neg 9"), Joe (insert memorable event/quotation here), and Christine ("I pour the potion down his throat").

I'm not sure what happened, but as Monte put it, South Ablet snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. We'll get you next time, North Ablet!! (For sure--I promised North Ablet I would cheat next time to guarantee a win; does South Abelt have a counter bribe?)

Thanks to Hinterwelt for a fun game in the afternoon. Everyone did a great job slaying the dragon, except for my character, Llew Dragonslayer. But that's o.k., he's actually a deity, right? ;) When the adventure continues, Wendy and I will use the "pin the bad guy while Llew disables a trap" tactic more often! :p

Looking forward to November, even if I do have to run the-game-that-shall-not-be-mentioned (which Trev has promised to play in, and TracerBullet42 has to play in since he didn't run Ghostbusters this time).

And thanks to the Cthulhu game in the afternoon. FCWesel's periodic updates were cracking me up!

Yort

First Post
Ah, the glow of another Gameday subsides, and I only made it for half a day this time :eek:
Major apologies to Sqwonk and the morning group for failing my Notice Alarm check, although many felt you were better off with me miles away in bed.

Once again, Buzz organized a flawless gathering that provided sparkling entertainment for a growing horde of dice rollers. Like Vegas, but with fewer health code violations. We will need to clone Buzz 'Paranoia-style' to ensure that Gameday MDXXVIII goes smoothly.

Curt and the team again provided the perfect venue and attitude, while foolishly providing all my gaming needs in return for a few slips of green paper. Here's hoping they fall for that trick for years to come!

And deep, personal thanks to my group in the afternoon Cthulhu game. A nervous, fresh off the truck GM was carried through a successfull session by an awesome group, culminating in "Your crotch explodes in flame". I cannot take credit for the rousing finish, as most of you were entertainingly killed off by your own (mis)deeds while I and the villain watched from the side. Truly, a performance piece par excellence.

Already looking forward to next time.

I had a great time. Many thanks to Buzz and Games Plus, as well as Barrendd Nobeard, Sqwonk and Pbartender for running very fun games. I enjoyed meeting and gaming with lots of new people and enjoyed the warm welcome that I got from everyone.

I still don't understand why eating the meat of giant, mutated chickens is bad in a world where common sense says to focus all your lasers on one spot when fighting a grenade tree, but I guess there should always be mysteries to solve next time.

Pbartender

First Post
Monte At Home said:
I still don't understand why eating the meat of giant, mutated chickens is bad in a world where common sense says to focus all your lasers on one spot when fighting a grenade tree, but I guess there should always be mysteries to solve next time.

You just don't eat mutated meat. You should know better than that, Monte.

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Good times, people.

We didn't set the dirigible on fire, but we still kicked Dr. Methuselah's ass, and that's good enough for me.

I can't apologize enough for not being better prepared for the caveman insanity, but hey, you guys were great, and now I have enough tribal art to decorate my whole cave, heh.

Thanks to Buzz, Kurt, and all my fellow players.

Buzz, when you get a chance, send me that URL for the poker chips, mmkay? Thanks.

I'm going back to bed now >.<

Jade Fire

First Post
A quick thank you to all those that put together Gameday, and to those that ran the various games. This was my first time coming to a Gameday, and it was certainly a lot of fun for me.

The event was a well run, and the location was equally great.

Pbartender said:
You just don't eat mutated meat. You should know better than that, Monte.

Sure, I don't, but then, I'm not a mutant that is friends with a big blue guy and a little lizard guy and a girl who controls minds, all surrounded by intelligent badgers and free-thinking robots where it seems to regularly rain green, glowing water. I think that kind of thing might change your perspective.

Or, barring that, [insert pithy comment about everyone that eats at KFC here].

thalmin

Retired game store owner
Thank you buzz for organizing another great Game Day. Thank you everyone who attended and made it so great. And special thanks to the magnificent seven players in my Aces and Eights game who put up with my lack of experience in the game. That you turned on one another at the end I expected, but I was surprised when Larry decided to shoot the marshall in the back!

Looking forward to the next Game Day.

William Ronald

Explorer
Thanks to Buzz, Curt and everyone at Games Plus for organizing and hosting the Gameday.

Mark, it was great to game with you again. Hinterwelt, I thoroughly enjoyed the game, and the unintended and humorous consequences of some dice rules. I am looking forward to the next Gameday!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads