• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gameday XXI Planning Thread; our date is Nov 8th

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Throw me down for running Awesome Adventures in a morning slot. Four seats. No experience necessary.

Awesome Adventures is basically Spirit of the Century with all the rough edges filed off. It's a faster and smoother ride, but still packs plenty of punch.

Character sheets, pencils, and FUDGE dice will be provided. Players should bring a sense of adventure and a willingness to facilitate awesomeness.

Last edited:

Nev the Deranged

First Post
Ninjacat: I might be interested in trying a Sentai based game in an afternoon slot, depending on how close to finished the game is. Is this first-pass playtesting, or ashcan (99% complete) playtesting?

Ninjacat

First Post
Well, I'm afraid it's closer to first-pass than ashcan. There's quite a bit of the system done (it's relatively simple) but a LOT of it is still in various notebooks, files, some still in my head, etc. The Players' portion is mostly done, and I expect I could have it 99% finished by GameDay, which is why I'd be interested in seeing people's thoughts on playing it, but much of the GM stuff is still in my head or random notes, needs compiling, that kind of thing. I guess this would be an "alpha" playtest, still requiring the creator to run it, as opposed to a "beta" of turning a group loose to see what they can do with it?

But yeah, you were one of the people I thought might be interested. ;) Does a mostly-complete Players' Section sound like enough to hold your interest?

jesusfreak444

First Post
I would like to run a game, but I'm kinda nervous about doing so. I know I talked to you Buzz about running that Kids Only game, but I'm not sure i could do it for 4 hours. What do you think?

buzz

Adventurer
No D&D4e?? No Star Wars SAGA?? Come on, people, it's 2008-- this is not your father's RPG!
FWIW, I'm debating running some 4e. I usually want to run something other than D&D at Gamedays, but I'll be crunched for time leading up to the 8th, and I know 4e better than anything else I own, so it'd be easy to prep.

So, I'm mulling it over. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads