• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chicago Gamer

JoeGKushner

First Post
I see some activity here and some there but not a lot of uniformity among the players and those who wish to play. Figured it'd be better to start up my own thread.

Name's Joe G Kushner, 31 years old with about 18 years of RPG experience. Currently playing a 3rd edition game set in the Scarred Lands. When I GM, I use point buy system (32 points), and allow pretty much anything with approval. Some companies that I carefully scrutinize include Mongoose and Avalanche Press, otherwise it's usually a look and a nod.

The game is on Saturday but I don't have a lot of 'jive' with the group. Three members are young and into lan parties so they're constantly missing the game. As a GM, this makes it very difficult to GM or even want to GM. Hence the desire to run a new group. My only consistant free time, due to working the dreaded 2nd shift, is Saturday afternoon rougly 12 PM to 6 PM. Occassionally I'm open for Sunday but it's not a consistant bit so I'd rather do Saturday.

I'd be willing to play or GM on a Saturday group. Currently when I play on Sundays, it's at a buddy's house on Cicero by Belmont. On Saturdays, we usualy play at my house by Evanston and Linconwood (Devon-California).

Hope to hear from some people either to join an ongoing gorup or to start a new one.

Pbartender

First Post
Damn.

You're quite a ways from Batavia, otherwise I'd be glad to have you... Our gaming group will be losing a player late this spring.

JoeGKushner

First Post
It's strange though. There are a lot of games going on outside of Chicago. I mean like 60-90 minutes outside. Good to see the game thriving though. Guess there's just too much to do in the city already eh?

CTD

First Post
Metro transit is your friend. Honestly.

I'm leaving the area so I'm no good to you now, but I have had people take the train out of the city to make a regular game. We just picked them up at the local station. Relatively short ride, and you get to the games outside of Chicago...

Remove ads