• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

chill metal vs constructs + tumble and spring attack

Kapalen

First Post
2 questions
1. Would the chill metal spell hurt a construct like oh sya, a suit of armor that mechanically moved on its own?

2. Situation: I'm beating up an orc, my friend is getting beat by another orc. I'm going to spring attack over and hit his friend's opponent. Can I tumble away from my orc as the minimum 5 foot movement before spring attack as to avoid an AoO? If I can do I have to tumble after the attack or could i move normally? If I can move normally how far could I move because tumbling is at half BLS?

rtricher

First Post
You can't make a 5' step and a move action in the same round.

The 5' step is allow with a full attack or another full-round action.

EDIT: I see you are using spring attack which allows you to move before and after an attack, although I'm not sure I understand what you are asking. If you want to tumble away from your opponent as your first move I would say fine at double movement cost so a 5' tumble would be a 10' move then you can make your attack and then do what you want with the movement you have left.

Last edited:

FEADIN

Explorer
1) Usually constructs don't wear equipement, so you can target the spell, the Golem is a creature:
Chill Metal....
Target: Metal equipment of one creature per two levels, no two of which can be more than 30 ft. apart; or 25 lb. of metal/level, none of which can be more than 30 ft. away from any of the rest.
2)Yes you can, act as if your orc wasn't here for use of the spring attack but to escape AoO you have to tumble and pay the double cost move when you go and when you're back, only for the threatened cases of your orc.

nittanytbone

First Post
"Cold attacks deal one-quarter damage to most objects; divide the damage dealt by 4 before applying the hardness. "

Chill Metal isn't going to damage anything with hardness greater than 1 pretty much, even if maximised.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads