• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Choose your Favorite Core/SRD Prestige Class(es)

Choose one or more PrC(s) that you would use in a game

• Arcane Archer

Votes: 59 43.7%
  • Arcane Trickster

Votes: 58 43.0%
  • Archmage

Votes: 64 47.4%
  • Assassin

Votes: 71 52.6%
  • Blackguard

Votes: 58 43.0%
  • Dragon Disciple

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Duelist

Votes: 55 40.7%
  • Dwarven Defender

Votes: 50 37.0%
  • Eldritch Knight

Votes: 59 43.7%
  • Hierophant

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Horizon Walker

Votes: 30 22.2%
  • Loremaster

Votes: 60 44.4%
  • Mystic Theurge

Votes: 62 45.9%
  • Shadowdancer

Votes: 66 48.9%
  • Thaumaturgist

Votes: 34 25.2%

• Poll closed .

Insight

Adventurer
I'd be interested to see what EN World thinks are the most popular of the Prestige Classes presented in the Core Rules/SRD. These are the Prestige Classes found in the 3.5 DMG as well as the latest version of the SRD.

I'm thinking not only in terms of playability, but also utility both for PCs and NPCs in your game.

Last edited:

John Q. Mayhem

Explorer
EK and MT. They're a patch for a problem, and a good one, too. Assassin's alright. So's shadowdancer, but most of the DMG PrCs don't particularly enthuse me.

malien

First Post
Li Shenron said:
I have always thought that the Shadowdancer is the perfect example about how a PrCl should be designed.

Completely agree on this one here. Unlike most PrCs that are just 'here's how you do something better than a character of the same core class that just stuck in the core class' it really presents something that is different and unique across the board.

Particle_Man

Explorer
Duelists are popular? That was a surprise. It is by far the weakest of the DMG prestige classes. I guess some people really really really like the style and don't care about the mechanics.

Note: I am talking about the nerfed 3.5 duelist, not the sword and fist duelist.

Insight

Adventurer
Li Shenron said:
I have always thought that the Shadowdancer is the perfect example about how a PrCl should be designed.

I feel the same way about Arcane Archer, for the same reasons. They give the character specific abilities that add to what they already do, but the class isn't just a grab-bag of class abilities that you could find elsewhere. If gives very specific abilities to archers. Not sure why it's designed only for elves and half-elves, however. Doesn't seem to be any justification for that in the class itself (now the flavor text may be a different matter).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads