• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Choose Your Own Adventure Character Creation

Burning Yeti

First Post
Hopefully the title of this thread is descriptive enough, but if not...

As part of our Kickstarter for interactive roleplaying supplements, we've talked about doing a stretch goal for an online "Choose Your Own Adventure" style character generator. Basically you would go through a story, and the choices you make would ultimately determine your class, primary stats, skills, feats, etc.

The question I have for the knowledgeable community... is there anything like this out there already?

And I guess the other question would be... is something like this actually interesting to people, or just a little too "out there"?

Zadmar

Explorer
I've seen MUDs and other computer games with question-based character creation (like this), however many players tend to game them to get the characters they want.

I also remember at least one tabletop RPG (Lone Wolf perhaps?) which had a choose-your-own-adventure introductory adventure, which you were supposed to play beforehand. Actually I think even red box D&D had something like that, although it's been a long time since I read it - but I vaguely remember something about helping a cleric fight an evil wizard.

And of course there are the various lifepath systems, although most of them are random.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads