• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Christian Persecution vs Persecuted Christians

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
Culture. Most of what is described are the result of the cultures of the minority groups. The black and hispanic cultures result in far more drop outs than the white culture. As a result, those communities are far poorer and have more of those young people become involved in crime. That paints a negative picture to other cultures about those groups. Those cultures need to be altered. If they were and that negative picture were to be erased, "white privilege" would go with it. Why? Because it isn't that being white gives me some sort of advantage over the baseline. It's that the negative image gives those cultures a disadvantage. Erase that disadvantage and things should equal out.
Your argument that people are responsable for the discrimination they face crumbles when it is applied to other groups. Asian face racism even if they meet your gold standard on culture (http://www.economist.com/news/brief...successful-minority-they-are-complaining-ever). Is homosexual culture responsable for homophobia? Is female culture to blame for discrimination women face? Might as well say women cause their own rape.

Right now I'm discussing "white privilege", and the things that go into why the different races are treated differently don't line up perfectly with the other categories, so I'm not addressing them right now.
Better ignore stuff that invalidates your theory.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Oh, I wasn't clear. Sorry.

*ahem*

What word or concept would you prefere be used?

Perhaps I wasn't clear: the words don't matter, the concept is flawed. Are you actually arguing that people should feel guilt or acknowledge they have a privilege because they are not a victim?

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Your argument that people are responsable for the discrimination they face crumbles when it is applied to other groups. Asian face racism even if they meet your gold standard on culture (http://www.economist.com/news/brief...successful-minority-they-are-complaining-ever).
Your failure in that cite is that the discrimination against Asians is coming from the same source that advocates for white privilege -- ie, it's not discrimination against Asians for the assistance of whites, it's discrimination against Asians so that more other minorities can be uplifted. Asians aren't being discriminated against on behalf of whites, they're being discriminated against on behalf of other minorities.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
Maybe another would make you feel the concept isn't flawed. Just look at how you and Max focus on the word.

Hah. Good one. The argument is about privilege theory, so when I respond and talk about privilege theory and privilege, I'm just focusing on that word. You are truly a virtuoso with the strawmen.

But, if I mistake you and you actually think this, supply a different word for your argument. Rephrase it without using privilege. Let's see how it works out then. Until then, I will continue to engage a discussion about privilege using the word privilege, and shan't be overly concerned that you believe the problem only rests in my dislike of the word.

Ovinomancer

No flips for you!
There you go, the quote is fix and now you understand anecdotale evidence is not a valid arguement.

"[T]he quote is fix..."

Huh? What quote is fixed. What is at all different here from your previous statement? Nothing has changed, I haven't presented anecdotal evidence, you're still arguing a strawman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads