• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Christmas Gift Giving and Your Campaign Group

Napftor

Explorer
I gave all my players a soundtrack cd complete with liner notes and color cover which contained memorable moments during the campaign. I keep a record of what albums were used during which battles and other special moments for just that reason. I doubt I'll do the same this year since our playing schedule is down to like once a month. A few year ago I had specialized pencils made that had the name of the adventuring group on them.

Another person in our group simply gave everyone a card with a $5 Borders gift card inside. So, to each his own.

BaldHero

First Post
We call it Bobcat day, named after a joke that started in my KOK campaign.
The gifts exchanged have included dice, minis, out of print books and supplements, and liqour. We had to stop giving out dice because we were just getting too many. If you have eight friends over, and they each give you dice, it adds up quickly. :eek:
We have so many different schedules around the holidays that we just designated a day for all of our game friends to get together, bring food, have drinks and exchange gifts if we feel the need.
We play anything but rpgs, watch the worst fantasy movies we can find, and play Halo. (Halo 2 this year!)

Two years ago I bought gifts for my gaming group, plus gifts for some people I play a lot of "Living Greyhawk" with.

Last year, I was in a crappy mood so I didn't buy gifts for anyone.

This year, I'm in three new groups, but have only thought about gifts for one of them (which includes the "LG" friends from two years ago). I've scaled back my gift plans, but they'll each get something small.

NiTessine

Explorer
Yeah, we do tend to buy each other gifts. I make it a point to get each member of my group something, usually a cheap FR novel or a miniature, or something along those lines. A couple of times in the past we've all chipped in to buy a group member the Player's Handbook.

DaveStebbins

First Post
Even though we hang out together outside gaming, my group doesn't exchange gifts.

I did, however, celebrate a windfall this summer by buying monogrammed dice bags from the Gamer's Bag for everyone in the group. I was going to give them out at Christmas time, but was so excited when they arrived that I just gave them out at the next game night.

http://www.thegamersbag.com/

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads