• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Chupacabra/Jersey Devil/Mothman

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
I did versions of the Chupa and the Jersey Devil for Call of Cthulhu D20. It's interesting to see other peoples' takes on those unusual monsters.

There are on my Call of Cthulhu d20 site :

The Chupacabra

and

The Half-Nightgaunt/Jersey Devil

I have other Cryptids there as well.

The Mongolian Death Worm

The Giant Hominid (Bigfoot)

The Mannegishi/Dover Demon

The Megalania/Giant Monitor

The Thunderbird

:)

These are all easily adaptable to DnD or D20 modern since unlike character creation, monster making rules are all essentially the same.

Geocorona

First Post
Nice. Those interpretations are quite a bit different than mine, and go into great detail.

This morning I was thinking there are probably enough bat-winged man-like creatures to create their own tome.

Hmm... what to call it...?

Krishnath

First Post
The BAT-Codex! :D By the way, you are aware that the Improved Initiative Feat does not stack with itself? I suggest exchaning one for Alertness.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
And we need to make up the version of the chupacabra that mostly hangs out at Taco Bell ... the insidous

CHALUPA-CABRA!

AIEEE!!!

;)

Geocorona

First Post
Next we'll be converting Menudo into a D&D monster.

I removed the stacked Improved Initiative, but didn't replace it with another feat or ability. It shouldn't affect the CR, and with it's high Move Silently bonus, I think the chupacabra still has a good chance at getting his dinner.

Krishnath

First Post
Wolf: And a talking wolf in your case... :D

Geo: Not to worry, it was a minor mistake anyways. Besides the only feat in the PHB that stacks with itself is Toughness... :D

Menudo? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO... <Takes a deep breath> ...OOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! Then you might as well convert NKOTB as well... :D

Remove ads