• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Necro_Kinder]um... welcome back. Any particular reason for the drop in post rates? You might want to take a closer look at message 72 in this thread.[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=tidied up OOC for interrogation rolls]
I'd like to hear what Binder and Redclaw think before I make a decision. Right now the roleplays have it.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Redclaw

First Post
I'm fine either way. I don't see Aerec getting too involved, so sense motive checks are his most likely contribution, but I can try to chime in with roleplay pieces as we go along, too.

Necro_Kinder

First Post
[sblock=Dlsharrock]
Sorry, I posted it in the OOC thread. I had some issues with finals and final projects and some relationship issues, but I'm back and should be good to go. The only exception is I might miss a few posts this weekend as I am out of town (Thurs-Sun) but I'll have my laptop, so I'll try to find some wifi somewhere. My apologies on missing out. [/sblock]

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Necro_Kinder]No problem. Glad to have you back! For some reason I didn't get an auto update about your OOC post which is a pain. I don't know what you want to do about my NPC actions for Aurvandil. I based them on his knightly sense of honour and the fact that he pretty much pulped the thief in an unfair fight. Goes against his sense of decency and he's probably a bit tortured by it. Only in terms of roleplay though, I don't see it violating his Knight's Code or affecting his use of Knight's Challenge. I expect you'll want to reintroduce him to the room IC though).[/SBLOCK]
[SBLOCK=OOC]Binder_Fred has dropped me a line to let me know he's likely to be absent a couple of days. I still think I'll wait to hear what he'd like to do as Redclaw is a neutral and Binder is playing one of the active protagonists in this bit of the game.[/SBLOCK]

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Back from the woods and enworld is actualy working for a change (that was the problem on sunday, saturday and monday's lack of posting beng entirely my fault I'm afraid :(.

Reading through the posts as we speak, folks!

Binder Fred

Shayuri said:
"We of the wood call them Dorn Perrianath," Aranel replies, the word slightly trilled in the Elvish manner, quite unlike Baran's butchery of it. "They are to all accounts a gentle folk of hill and burrow. Full of mischief but without malice. The Men of Gladden call them Hobbits. Stoor Hobbits."
"Exceptions to the rule," shrugs the dwarf, forgoing to mention how elves (and Men) have generaly been described in his presence.

Shayuri said:
Aranel recoils instinctively, feeling as if cold water had just been splashed over her. There was only one place she knew where such dark magicks as this lurked. But -why-?
The dwarf starts as well : he hasn't seen the eyes from where he's standing, but he *has* seen her reaction to them plain enough. "What's it?"

Instead of answering, Aranel returns her flinty gaze to the Hobbit male, meeting him glower for glower. "Show me what was taken," she repeats to Baran, more urgently.

"Um... Tripped over a stool doing the deed, so all they had time for was this kar- this fortune scroll here." He's still looking at her, questions in his eyes.

Shayuri said:
Aranel looks sharply at Aerec, then kneels gracefully near the male Stoor and says quietly, "Who is your master, and why were you sent here?"
Quite a lot of assumptions in there... or it could be she-

Dlsharrock said:
Just then Gellion returns from the back room. He clears his throat, "I have closed the window foredwarf Baran."
"Good going lad," replies he, a bit distracted... "Get me the jug by the shelves, will you? I'll get some mugs. We've - uh- all been running round, and some of us have even shouted a time or two..." He looks apologeticaly round the room, not meeting anybody's gaze, as if needing to drink was some sort of weakness.

<OOC : The jug contains water, with a bit of the bitter fruit in it (sorry to dissapoint, Ulfang ;). Any that want some can have it. Baran will certainly down a whole mug. In fact :

Baran downs a whole mug himself, the tang of the bitter fruit sitting nicely on the toungue after all that effort. The water itself isn't bad either, of course.

<Thief's response to Aranel here?>

<OOC: Baran will Sense Motive and/or Spot away at the two thieves as appropriate.

http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1595387/

<OOC: After he's done that and while he thinks of the next step, he'll do a visual Heal check on the wounded one to determine the wound's severity/efect on the patient and likely remedial method(s).

Last roll on http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1595387/

FINALY:
<OOC: bit tricky picking the next question without knowing the (lack of) answer to the first one, but Baran will likely try:

"What do you want with me?"

<Response Thieves?>

Sense Motive + Spot : http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1595390/

Binder Fred, catching up.

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Aranel takes the scroll and frowns at it, perplexed.

She gives Baran a look and says, "The hobbit woman has a mark on her head. And for a moment I thought I saw...something else looking out through her eyes. We should talk more of this after they've had a chance to answer our questions."

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Binder_Fred]Fred, can you have a look at post 87, rollplay vs roleplay. I need a definitive preference, though I'm guessing you've already read it and prefer roleplay. It just wasn't very clear which was your choice.

To save you reading through, so far the roleplays have it.[/SBLOCK]

Binder Fred

Shayuri said:
Aranel takes the scroll and frowns at it, perplexed.
(Baran tenses at that but remains quiet, watching.)

Shayuri said:
She gives Baran a look and says, "The hobbit woman has a mark on her head. And for a moment I thought I saw...something else looking out through her eyes. We should talk more of this after they've had a chance to answer our questions."
<I suggest:
Silence then, as all eyes somberly pour over the "hobbits", drift over their clothes... their faces... the rune inscribed on their catch's forehead...

Then, with an excited grunt, [Aerec] nods his head enthusiastically. [etc]

<OOC: I think we should go for the shortened/movie version for the sake of time (i.e. each question really represents a series of tries and the answer is the net result of those tries). Comments, jeers and cheers from the peanut gallery are of course highly encouraged. :)

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=tidied up OOC about interrogation rolls]My own preference is also for the movie version (I like that descriptive) and Binder's reasoning mirrors my own. Given the turn rate and the fact this is a forum game, I think it could shave weeks off the campaign and, as I already professed in the OOC thread, I'm keen to get the game moving away from the camp and into the setting.

There also seems to be some indication that folks would like to do the roleplay version with rolls. This, I feel, would be better represented by the rollplay version wherein rolls are very clearly defined per series of questions/answers and we can then extrapolate a 'story' version of events based on the outcome, essentially the same thing but quicker. And if additional different-skill rolls are requested we can work them in.

I also think the rollplay version will extract more information and provide greater entertainment, but really that remains to be seen :)

Currently I have a definite roleplay preference for renau1g and Necro. What looks like a sort of roleplay leaning neutral for Shay, a definite neutral for Redclaw and a definite roll-play preference for myself and Binder. Shay and Redclaw, then, can I be a pain in the flaming eye and ask for a vote one way or another. Sorry to deny neutrality, but at present it's a stalemate.[/SBLOCK]

On another note, I've not heard a Dickens from Fenris (emailed and posted his character in the OOC thread) so it looks like he's dropped out.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads