• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Citadel of the Iron Crown - Burglars in Mirkwood

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Baran rolls for Diplomacy (still say we're all animals inside :)
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588989/

Dlsharrock said:
Belfalor then helps the dwarf and others pin down the burglar while Baran binds the squirming character with rope.
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1588994/

Baran does a distracted job of it, eyes frankly searching his thief for one thing, one object... Hands join eyes as soon as they can : That long shape tucked in his belt? No, a sap and darts wrapped in leather (*poison* darts?) -- he looks up to the thief, shakes is head, disapointed, before returning to it.

<Response Thief?>

That bulge in his tunic maybe? Yes? yes? "YES!" The dwarf squeezes the prize in his large hands, relief flooding his veins. The heirloom, his sister's memory... they are SAFE.

Dlsharrock said:
"Is it a custom of Men to discipline their children by asking Dwarfs to sit on them? If so, it is a wonder Men ever stray."
The smile fades then... "But stray they do. What passes here?"
"Seems the forest produces thieves as well as food for our axes," informs a barely contained foredwarf (excitement? triumph?). "Three more at least are now in your domain, lady elf; but this one- " a hand falls heavily on his thief's shoulder, propping him up so his feet barely rest on the ground "-this one and I have some discussing to do. My hut?"

<Response Any?>

Binder Fred, "no pressure" he says!

Shayuri

First Post
Aranel frowns.

"Thieves? Are they Men? And you say they ran -into- Mirkwood at night?"

The elf moves fluidly forward, glancing around at the Men of the camp again, then fixing her gaze on the burgler unfortunate enough to be pinned by a Dwarf.

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC For All]There are actually two camps (see map on previous page), one by the treeline where I have the strangely silent Aurvandil and the thief-binding Ulfang (plus NPCs Gellion and a handful of Men). The other camp is halfway between Baran's hut and the treeline and there I have Baran, Aerec and now Aranel. My assumption is that Aranel has checked the one downed thief and is now heading further into the camp to check the other. Distance is about 40 feet between the two camps so its no big thing, but I think to avoid shouting Aranel would just approach the dwarf's camp[/SBLOCK]
Binder_Fred said:
That bulge in his tunic maybe? Yes? yes? "YES!" The dwarf squeezes the prize in his large hands, relief flooding his veins. The heirloom, his sister's memory... they are SAFE.
"See? See? I tolds you. I tolds you I had it! I told truly!" whispers the burglar, now well and truly restrained. Small eyes glitter in the pale disc of his broad face, some kind of mischief shifts across his features like a shadow.

"My lady," Grathan bows and grins widely before the advancing Elf. He finds himself backing away as she doesn't slacken her pace for him. "Ah what wind of grace and fortitude brings you to our shores this evening? It is a rare pleasure indeed..."

Aranel said:
"Is it a custom of Men to discipline their children by asking Dwarfs to sit on them? If so, it is a wonder Men ever stray." The smile fades then. "But stray they do. What passes here?"
Granthan indicates the burglar, "tis nothing, my lady. Nothing at all. We were just..."
Baran said:
"Seems the forest produces thieves as well as food for our axes," informs a barely contained foredwarf (excitement? triumph?). "Three more at least are now in your domain, lady elf; but this one- " a hand falls heavily on his thief's shoulder, propping him up so his feet barely rest on the ground "-this one and I have some discussing to do. My hut?"
"Now look here," Granthan wags a finger, "we need to discuss..."
Aranel said:
Aranel frowns.
"Thieves? Are they Men? And you say they ran -into- Mirkwood at night?"

The elf moves fluidly forward, glancing around at the Men of the camp again, then fixing her gaze on the burgler unfortunate enough to be pinned by a Dwarf.
[SBLOCK=Shayuri]She recognises him not, though she recognises his people (as would all Elves of Mirkwood, so no need for a roll). The Elves of Mirkwood call them Dorn Perrianath, but Northmen are known to refer to them as Stoor Hobbits. Aranel doubts that Men this far east would have any experience of them. A short folk, somewhere between Men and Dwarfs, but in fact born of neither and in many ways similar even to the Elves, they dwell in the region of Gladden or thereabouts, living, as their kind are wont to do, in crudely excavated burrows and caves. But they are not prone to wild-ways or evil. They are known for their mischief and their inquisitive nature, but they rarely venture beyond the Gladden region. To find a Perrianath this far east is unheard of. To find them thieving beggars belief and Aranel can only assume there has been some kind of misunderstanding.(Basic INT roll pls Shay - equiv Knowledge-Local) for additional information about Stoor Hobbits[/SBLOCK]

Shayuri

First Post
Int check: 5
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1589369/

For the first time an expression other than mild disdain touches Aranel's face as she sees the features of the thief. Surprise.

"Why...you're not a child of Men at all, are you?" she says in a tone of wonder. "What brings you so far from home, little perrianath ?"

She looks at Granthan, finally acknowledging him.

"Yes? And what would you like to discuss?"

Abruptly she looks at Baran and adds, "Is there proof of thievery?" in puzzled tones.

renau1g

First Post
Ulfang will get up, grab the unconscious form of the bandit and throw her over his shoulder as he notices the commotion caused by the appearance of the elf maiden. When he gets to the group he'll deposit his 'cargo' next to the other bound thief and look over to Baran "So what we doing with 'em?"

Dlsharrock

First Post
[SBLOCK=Shayuri]Sorry, failed INT roll. She remembers nothing more of the Stoor Hobbits, though other Elves of Mirkwood surely will.[/SBLOCK]
Aranel said:
"Why...you're not a child of Men at all, are you?" she says in a tone of wonder. "What brings you so far from home, little perrianath ?"
The thief lowers his head, so that his eyes peer at Aranel from beneath the ridge and shadow of his brow. A sly grin, teeth firmly together, completes the expression. "Not the Elf's business."

Aranel said:
"Ah, aha, just to welcome you to the camp, as ever, my lady. T'was not to you that I wished to discuss.. ur.. that is, I welcome your part in all talk of course, but t'was with foredwarf Baran that I wished to discuss what is to be done with these... ur," he wags a hand vaguely at the thief, then at the other one slung over Ulfang's shoulder.

Dlsharrock

First Post
I would suggest moving the game forward slightly in order to open up more scope for roleplay and so that all players can interact. Please feel free to state your preference for continuing from the current position if you think there's still stuff to play out.

If we move forward: Baran and Ulfang take the two captured thieves and their spoils to Baran's hut where they are placed in chairs. Aranel, Aurvandil and Aerec attend. Belfalor, ever the magnanimous NPC, manages to distract Granthan and draw him into some kind of alterior discussion outside the hut.

Redclaw

First Post
Aerec is curious, so would likely attend, but will quickly go back and finish taking care of Stumpy first. He's not one to leave a horse unattended for long.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Dlsharrock said:
The thief lowers his head, so that his eyes peer at Aranel from beneath the ridge and shadow of his brow. A sly grin, teeth firmly together, completes the expression. "Not the Elf's business."
Baran casually bops him upside the head, in a manner all misbehaving children know quite, quite well.

<assming the thief looks his way questionningly or equivalent :
"You add a 'my lady'. Makes the rudeness go down easier, I've found." Calm blue eyes flick the elf's way.

<Response Thief and/or Aranel?>

Renau1g said:
Ulfang gets up, grab the unconscious form of the bandit and throw her over his shoulder as he notices the commotion caused by the appearance of the elf maiden. When he gets to the group he deposits his 'cargo' next to the other bound thief and look over to Baran "So what we doing with 'em?"
"Information is next on the list, I thinks, then Justice will have to have a hand.." Baran grabs Ulfang by the upper arm and squeezes, "and then I've got to start earning that week's wage I owe you and the Van lad!"

<Response Ulfang, Aurvandil?>

Shayuri said:

(Even engaged in another conversation, Baran stil manages a near inaudible chuckle at that.)

Shayuri said:
Abruptly she looks at Baran and adds, "Is there proof of thievery?" in puzzled tones.
"Could say that," nods the dwarf, scratching at his beard, "from my own hut no less." Sort of a sobering thought, that... "Speaking of warm, non-windy places...." He grabs 'his' thief and sling him over his shoulder without further consulting.

<OOC: I'm game for the scene change.

Binder Fred, Short day thanks to the rain.

Shayuri

First Post
"Your fellows ran into the Mirkwood," Aranel tells the little bandit as Baran hoists him up. "That makes it my business."

She nods at Granthan to acknowledge his words without actually replying, then follows the dwarf and men into the hut, meaning to get to the bottom of it all.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads