• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City Maps

Targeteron

Explorer
Greetings,

i am currently at the process of gathering material for my Campaign and i am desperate for some City Maps. I have found some of old Netherland citys wich will come in handy sooner or later and of course i scrounged Map-A-Week at wizards completely. But there arent enough Maps around for medium sized citys. they are either small towns, Villages or sprawling Metropoli. I looked at CC so i could make my own, but it seems far to cumbersome to use for me and to expensive atm. Besides the factor "time" wich i am kind of short of or i would do it "old school" with Pencil and Paper.

So here my Plea: Anyone has links to some fantasy city maps ? Archives? PDF Products? Anything related?

JoeGKushner

First Post
Flying Buffalo Games had a two book series, "MAPS". The first book covered cities and included a wide variety of material. They should still be available from the company now. (Ah, if only Lejentia had lived long enough to go d20 with it's various Level Adjustment Factors and other facets that would've made conversion so much easier...)

lior_shapira

Explorer
Two 2nd edition products come to mind that I think you can buy pdf formats of:

- Forgotten Realms Adventures by Jeff Grubb and Ed Greenwood has maps for lots of FR cities which you can use
- Forgotten Realms Waterdeep City System Boxed set contained a HUGE set of maps for waterdeep that you can probably reuse

MerakSpielman

First Post
There's Irony Game's City Generator but the cities aren't really that different or individual.

edit: When drawing maps of any kind, I've universally found software and shortcuts to be inferior to a quick sketch with pencil on a scrap of paper. Once you're going to be publishing your stuff, then you can put out money for a professional computer program, but for everyday gaming, I really don't see the point.

Last edited:

Arnwyn

First Post
Vaxalon said:
I find that detailed maps, for anything larger than a town, are more trouble than they're worth.
Thankfully not IME. I find that all settlement maps are very valuable.

Another vote for the 2e Forgotten Realms Adventures. That book has a fair number of reasonably detailed city maps that are easily insertable into any campaign.

Inconsequenti-AL

Breaks Games
If you're after free real maps of places... go trawl around some estate agents.

My next D20 modern game is suitably stocked with maps, thanks to house hunting.

Remove ads