• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Draica map

Ebonyr

First Post
Weem: I use paint shop pro as the primary program. I've tried mapping programs in the past Fractal Mapper, CC2 and autorealm and there are just to many limitations.
:cool:

Khairn

First Post
Ebonyr, what's the flavor of the city? The reason why I ask is that I created something similar a few years back for a city that was in decline. Overtime the flavor changed and it became more lawless. When it did, I came to the realization that a single bridge between each island created choke or control points that the city's various power brokers wouldn't appreciate. I added more bridges, many of them a stiff breeze away from collapse, and it really helped to create the visual impact that matched what I was trying to create.

In a multi-island city, the flow of people and goods becomes more of an issue. Why should people want to build and live on a small island? Just a few thoughts.

Rhun

First Post
Draica is the capital city of Altalissia in my Ebonyr campaign setting.

According to your campaign site, Calamas is the capital of Altalissia, not Draica. Did something chage? Edit: Ah, now I see...it seems like Draica is the capital of Lucidor, per the site.

With that said, I agree with Khairn's comments about the bridges forming choke points. However, with that said...maybe that is by design. It would make the city easier to defend should its landside wall be breeched, and would also give the city rulers the ability to restrict travel between the islands. It would also aid law enforcement, who could shut down the bridges in an attempt to strand criminals on a single island.

What is the population of the city? It seems somewhat small for a capital city of a large nation. I suppose this could be because only Aristocrats and Freeman actually live in the city, and all of your Proles live outside the actual city?

Last edited:

Ebonyr

First Post
@Rhun: Thanks for the feedback. What you were thinking was what I was thinking. My world is sparsly populated and so the cities are on the small side.

I'm still working on beefing up my maps. :cool:

Remove ads