• Protector

Votes: 2 5.4%
  • Triumph

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Victory

Votes: 3 8.1%
  • Virtue

Votes: 7 18.9%

Well, just gave into my on-going addiction and picked-up my (reserved :p) copy of City of Heroes. Got to wondering how many others in EN land had also caved-in and picked up a copy.

At about 3:30 CST I tried to set up an account, and 10 minutes later I have yet to recieve my account verification E-mail :(

Standard Questions:

What server are you going to play on, so we can all hang meet and mabye team up sometimes.

What do you plan on playing, and if you already know, what's the character's name?

When can you play, so it's easier to know who to pester for grouping ;)

Anything else you can think of of course.

I myself don't know enough about the game to answer any of my own questions of course :p

Hatchling Dragon

KenM

Banned
Banned
Another great MMMORPG launch. "We Promate the crap out of it, then say 'we did not anticipate the demand being so high' when launch day comes" :confused:

Dreeble

First Post
Heya:

I got the game Tuesday but couldn't play that night since it wasn't officially starting until Wednesday at noon. Not a huge deal. Wednesday night activating my account was a snap. I was actually surprised, thinking the registration server (or whatever) would be congested. Note: I did get an email confirmation fron NCSoft but it wasn't needed. Probably because I already had an account from playing in the Lineage 2 Open Beta the last few weeks.

I made an itsy bitsy Magic Controller (Illusion/Kinetics) heroine named "Mirage Mistress" on the Liberty server and enjoyed the heck out of it. The tutorial is pretty good at introducing the core game concepts. The game is very similar in terms of interface to what I remember from Everquest. By this I most mean the slash commands like /who, /friends, etc. I got the strategy guide and simple macros can be hotkeyed and hotbuttoned as well.

Towards the end of the night (as Mirage approached 5th level), I got a few crashes (it puts up a dialog informing you of the crash and asks if you want to type in information explaining what you were doing at the time of the crash, after which it exits to the desktop). Kind of annoying.

I played some more today at lunch and got a LOT more of these crashes. I was typing in the box, "Turned left and crashed.", "Heading back to my contact and crashed.", "Exited tram and crashed before control was returned to me." Ugh. I read the forums today and I'm going to try two things: Disable Geometry Buffers and Reduce Level Of Detail To Medium (heck, I'll reduce to minimum if it'll let me play reliably).

I also made a Tank called Frost Golem and a Scrapper called Aurumvorax (ooh, guess his color scheme!). I think I prefer ranged fighting, though so I'll stick with either a Controller or a Blaster.

An ENWorld Supergroup would be tons of fun, assuming more than 3 people from ENWorld play the game. ;) Any server would be fine. Oh, and how do you send tells? I tried /p personname Hey and it didn't work.

Take care,
Dreeble

Simplicity

Explorer
This game is awesome. It hasn't crashed on me once yet, and I haven't
experienced any lag...

On opening day, that's amazingly good for a MMORPG.

I created Brine Justice, the hapless victim a salt-water fishery accident.
Using armbands of various metals, Brine Justice's body is like a giant
battery which electrocutes those who would batter his fishy friends.

The best part about the game... The heroes are so configurable, my character kind of looks like he's part shrimp. No kidding. There are a LOT of choices for customizing your hero.

(BTW, I play on Infinity server... Happy Hero-ing....)

Last edited:

javapadawan

First Post
I'd love to be part of an ENWorld Supergroup, or just bash evil heads with other folks from these parts. I'm currently addicted to the character creator and have made a toon on just abuot every server. These are the ones I play the most:

Justice: Killer Tomato (Science Defender, Radiation Emission/RadiationBlast)
Pinnacle: Kid Cthulhu (Mutant Defender, Dark Miasma/Dark Blast)
Freedom: Carcharodon (Natural Tanker, Invulnerability/Super Strength)
Infinity: The Weasel (Science Scrapper, Claws/Regeneration)

I play just about every night, with the exception of tonight and Sunday when I'll be playing D&D. :)

Heh, typical me, I start the thread and then don't get out of game/sleep/work mode long enough to reply to the silly thing! :p

Champion server (duh, I love the HERO game)
Heroine ("/broadcast Does anyone need some Heroine?") :cool:
Defender: Empathy/Electrical/Teleporter 10th

Seeing a lot of Perez Park of course right now. Joined this characte with what seems to be a pretty fun crew over-all (ie: joined Enigma Force), even if they're a bit Suicidal (oh, BIG shock there right? ;))

Plan on making up other characters of course, which is not my SOP in these games, just cuz I come up with a new idea for a name/concept and just have to try it out :)

So many powers, so little time in the day!

Dreeble said:
Any server would be fine. Oh, and how do you send tells? I tried /p personname Hey and it didn't work.

Oh, almost forgot about this bit. Just type in '/tell <name>, <message>' It's the comma after the name that's the part I'm always forgetting myself. And if you get a reply you can just hit Backspace to do an autoreply.

Happy Heroing!

Heroine of Champion!

TheStiegler

First Post
I'm playing City of Heroes as well. I play on Pinnacle under the name Bronze Burner.

I had similar crashing problems all during the beta and didn't even try turning down the graphics settings in game because I knew I had a decent video card. But turning character detail to low stops it. I can't even get past the loading screen if I have it set on high.

CrusaderX

First Post
This game is a blast, and runs surprisingly smooth and stable for me.

My character is Crusader Ultra, on the Virtue server.

Mystic Eye

First Post
CrusaderX said:
This game is a blast, and runs surprisingly smooth and stable for me.

My character is Crusader Ultra, on the Virtue server.

COH is awesome. I think it is the most enjoyable massive multi-player game since the original Everquest first came out.

I have not had a great deal of time to play but I am on the Victory server with a few other folks. My primary character is currently a level 10 Magic/ Defender with Negative Engergy powers called Soul Judge. I also have an natural scrapper (Katana) named Ken-Jitsu, a technology tanker called King Bee, A Natural Blaster named Diamond Jack, and a Magic Controller names Gale-Force.
Each character is so different in appearance and ability they are all fun to play. I love the missions and how they work (spawned specifically for your hero) and the villains are cool.
If you are not playing this game go get it. You will love it.

Remove ads