• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Quarion Holimion, Elven Druid

Quarion acknowledges the presence of the newcomer with a curt nod. When he hears his profession, he asks, "A ranger? What forest taught you your skills, Troi Delmontes?"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Quarion
"A ranger? What forest taught you your skills, Troi Delmontes?"

Troi shakes his head. "Di'n't learn from any forest in particuler. Jus' sorta picked it up along th' way, y'know? Been wanderin' aroun' th' area fer awhile now. That, an' I was studyin' critters from when I was real young. Just sorta had an int'rest in it, I s'pose. Wanted ta figure out how some a the creepy ones did their things, y'know?"

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Pendrake raises his mug and says "Guentag herr Delmontes, und velcome to zee ret dragonne " he takes a swig and empties aforementioned mug. he stares at the inside nd scowls.

"Ist gonne...any fur nieuwe vulling van drank, er...uh...," he looks contemplative for a moment then continues, "new fillink of drink?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Quarion nods thoughtfully, "So you have taught yourself the ways of the wilderness? Interesting. I have known a few rangers in my century of life, and they all gained their knowledge from the trees and the beasts who live there. You must have a calling." To Pendrake, he says, "The drinks are always free at the Red Dragon."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Yes, I think you are right, friend Quarion. Tell me, Troi--what is your calling? Do you have a dream that has led you to your knowledge and skill?" Aletheia asks with an interested smile.

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Quarion
"So you have taught yourself the ways of the wilderness? Interesting. I have known a few rangers in my century of life, and they all gained their knowledge from the trees and the beasts who live there. You must have a calling."

Troi shrugs. "Jus' stuff I sorta picked up on th' way, I guess. When ye're wanderin' aroun' th' woods, ya sorta pick up on some things, y'know?"

Aletheia
"Yes, I think you are right, friend Quarion. Tell me, Troi--what is your calling? Do you have a dream that has led you to your knowledge and skill?"

Troi smirks a little bit, then nods slightly. "Yeah, long time ago, I had a goal in mind. Like I said, I wanted ta figure out how the creepy ones did their thing, y'know? They do all sorts a neat things... an' it wasn't magic, not really, but it sorta was, y'know? So I wanted to figure it out, try ta do th' same sorta thing. I looked inta it fer a good while, but I couldn' quite get it down." He pauses. "Yeah, I sorta gave up on it awhile ago... gotta move on, y'know? I still keep a look-out fer somethin' that might help, but it's not all I do. Been focusin' more on gettin' better wi' th' whip."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What a fascinating idea! You should never give up on your dreams, Troi. If you truly strive towards them with tenacity and courage, I'm sure you can achieve them some day!"

GnomeWorks

Adventurer
Aletheia
"What a fascinating idea! You should never give up on your dreams, Troi. If you truly strive towards them with tenacity and courage, I'm sure you can achieve them some day!"

Troi shrugs. "Well, like I said, it's not like I ignore somethin' that might help me out wi' that, y'know? But it's not all I wanna do. If somethin' doe'n't work out, ya gotta move on an' get ta somethin' that will."

NakuruSai

First Post
A dwarf with ruddy brown hair and dull brown eyes deftly maneuvers past an unnamed and into the tavern. It's immediately apparent he's been through some rough times in the past - he has a deep scar running from under his right eye across his face, and slightly under his lip. He sits tiredly at the bar and orders a drink. When he opens his mouth to speak you see apparently the scar goes past his face...his teeth are badly chipped where the scar passes his lips.

Me name's Mordik Stoutiron an' it looks like I may be wait'n 'ere with the rest o ye for a job. Troubleshooter, trapspringer, an' all that stuff.

He adds, almost chuckling I also been known to put a blade inbetween a shoulderblade or two when there's a need. No good with the upfront politic bits or the "keep the meanie from bustin the mage-types" though as ye can see. Anyone lookin for someone like myself?

Mordik tries to straighten his wildly unmanagable beard as he looks around the room at those he's sharing the tavern with.

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer

Quarion's expression turns sour as the dwarf enters the room. Elves are not known for getting along with dwarves, and Quarion is no exception. He holds his tongue, however, keeping an open mind until the dwarf introduces himself, as all Red Dragon Inn patrons must. After he says his part, Quarion shakes his head and turns away. "Sereg'wethrin. Amin caela n'nador en tanyarim ndenginarin." he comments quietly, mostly to himself though the others at the table can hear him.

Elven translation:
"An assassin. I have no respect for such killers."

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads