City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ximix

First Post
Looking down at his fine (and quite comfortable) robe of office, Ximix lets out an uncharacteristic long sigh and a small shrug of his thin shoulders.
Addressing himself as much as those close-by, "Better get ready to go down into the ground and keep people from being ant food."
Taking his time, the priest ascends the stairs and is finally seen descending them clad in a nice looking set of studded leather, though the rough-beaten old wooden shield on his back is a poor contrast. At his hip rides a longsword and under the shield are the trappings of an adventurer, pack, bow and quiver, bedroll, etc...
It is however quite apparent that the Elf is not very comfortable with all his trappings... he struggles along, looking forward to sharing his burden with his horse.

KriticalFailure

First Post
Munchin finishes his last preparations of meditation, then proceeds to exit the RDI with the spring of adventure in his step, seeking out his new employer.

Amaury

First Post
Ximix said:
OOC: Guess I missed it. Glad to see ya!

The Elf looks over at Jallembo with his head tilted and eyes blank. As the young human meets his stare he blinks rapidly, and nods once slowly. Turning back towards his current holy drinking companion, he toasts the young Paladin, drinks the last sip of his Elven wine and nods to the human. Ximix approaches Jallembo at the bar, looking over at the sign-up sheet as he arrives.
"Will you join in the hunt for ants?" The Elven priest's eyes wander about the bar as he stands before Jallembo.

"Yeap.. looks like it.. I'm getting bored here and don't want to get back to 'the old ways'.. plus our little adventure gave me appetite for this sort of things.. so... just hope we won't finish as the breakfast of these giant ants.."

Jallembo then waves at Joe and follows the elven priest outside of the Inn, to meet with his new employer.

thegreyman

First Post
"I'm sorry my good man. I'm Dorrin, gambler extrodinaire, and a wandering priest of Grendath. Since I forgot to read that important sign, maybe I should go check the rest of these out." Dorrin gets up to go check the postings, and starts to read.

"Hmmm.... Mines.... Bugs.... and a good reward.... Looks like I'll need some food for time underground... Well, my goodman, hold those food orders, I need to pick up some rations and get myself hired by this Hans." Dorrin dashes his signature across the bottom of the sheet, picks up his pack and gear, and heads out the door to find a chandler.

Robichaud

Explorer
Out of the blue, Joe scrapes his throat and gives the elf standing by the latest poster to be put up a long, hard look.

About two beats later Jamilee notices there are more than a few eyes on her. She mutters to herself in Elven. "Oh, ashes.. caught." Then turns around, and gives the people assembled her best smile, which amounts to a rictus grin of sorts. She continues in common, with a voice about as pleasant and melodious as a blunt saw cutting through dry wood. "Hello.. friends. I am Jamilee. I.. well, let's keep it simple. It's not like many of you will appreciate the fine art of the blade-dance. Let's keep it simple and say I poke holes in things." More death's-head grinning, especially at Joe, as she gives him an ironic bow in a sort of farewell. "And I was just in the process of arranging some employment for myself."

With that she turns back to the poster, and scribbles her name at the bottom of the list there. Followed by "Stabs things. Thinks of clever things (and doesn't stab those.)"

Wik

First Post
Possum catches sight of the sign, and quickly walks over. "ants, eh?" She signs "Possum - Wandering Healer and Cultural Expert".

She then smiles to herself, and quickly gathers her things and leaves the room.

Heckler

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Valan watches the line of people leave with some interest, So... Who's staying? He asks the assorted patrons who havn't gotten up.
A wild looking half elf at the bar speaks up. "I am Rinya Starflower. My friends and I encountered a dragon bearing prophecy. We are waiting for some great evil to rise up so that we may kill it."

B4cchus

Explorer
Hans comes walking down from the the upper floor. First he walks to the bar and settles his bill with Joe "Thanks for the service Joe. It was a pleasure as always." Joe nods bids him goodbye. Then Hans walks to the board and takes the sign-up poster from it "To all concerned, the expedition to the mines will depart shortly! Will everybody who signed up please gather outside." With that said, he leaves for the side door to the stables.

ooc: recruitment for long live the queen is hereby closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads