City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lot

First Post
Lokin nods to Richard.

"As Rinya said, I only know what she told the common room. Seems like an outlandish story but I'm not one to ignore a warning, no matter how unlikely. There is a vast space between what I know and what exists in the world, so it hardly makes sense to be skepical."

Lokin heads to the bar for a refill of ale.

"I'd be interested in looking into, if you'd have me along. I can't speak for my friends, however. They've been keeping to themselves lately."

Once refilled, Lokin takes his seat again, settling in as comfortably as he can in banded armor.

LogicsFate

First Post
Lot said:
"That's a double, so the pot is mine, right?"

Valan laughs, I can't believe my luck, that it is, that it is. Nonplussed Valan rolls again, throwing anouther of his many gold into the center. Dragons and demons and lichs. New Pot. (1d6=5, 1d6=5) Valan scoops up his dice and his coin. Oh my.

OoC:
Valan net loss 3 gold.
Lokin net gain 3 gold.

LogicsFate

First Post
Lot said:
"They've been keeping to themselves lately."

Who me? Says Valan. Just been whispering prays to Grendath. Not that that seems to be helping, yet. Turning a little. I for one would definitly be interested!

Lot

First Post
LogicsFate said:
Who me? Says Valan. Just been whispering prays to Grendath. Not that that seems to be helping, yet. Turning a little. I for one would definitly be interested!

Lokin chuckles.

"No, not you. I came in here with a woman named Payne and a big guy named Kol. But I...I'm not sure where they ran off to. I'm not giving up on them yet, but a man has to make a living."

He rolls his dice again, a five and two coming up.

"Lucky number seven. If they weren't your dice, I'd be suspicious if I were you," he says with a grin to Valan.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 6/ranger 2

Velmont said:
"I thought we were on the trace of some lich, why do we end her?" asks Opale to Charlarn. "Did I miss something while I was stoned?"
"We managed to kill the spider after a long fight, but Zack was also killed. Ignatious found a pool that healed everyone, as well as raising Zack and restoring you. You remember the rest."
Manzanita said:
"Something is opposing the Lich. And was actively helpful to us in our quest. I too, have been wondering why. What did we really accomplish? We freed a Gith captive. Smashed a mining operation. We destroyed a fire elemental and a demon. But how does any of this relate to the Lich? We did get the apples, and we did boost our power. It is too soon to come to any conclusions. I suspect neither the Lich, nor its opponent are done with us yet. When the time comes, we must be ready."
"Aye, Iggy." He touches the warhammer at his belt. "Goruksblain is probably eager to meet the lich. We should rest while we can. Being carried through the planes like a leaf on the wind is tiring."

Dargon

First Post
People appearing in flashes, tales of lich, and plane travel. Wow.
Lord Baldrian orders a new mug of beer, drains it in one swallow, then ordering a new one.

Velmont

First Post
"Rest... no thanks. I think I'll go to the library. I need to find more information about liches in general. Before I go, do we know anything more about that lich, except it is a lich?" asks Opale, not sure if his companion would have fall on some information before they have met.

jaker2003

Explorer
Jace, Cleric of Fire and Destruction

Velmont said:
"Rest... no thanks. I think I'll go to the library. I need to find more information about liches in general. Before I go, do we know anything more about that lich, except it is a lich?" asks Opale, not sure if his companion would have fall on some information before they have met.
Jace speaks, "I think I read somewhere that they can suck your life out with a touch. Is there a necromancer among your number? Surely he would have a suitable spell in his arsenal to destroy a lich? How about a priest? I imagine the lich will resist attempts to turn it. A few applications of curitave magic would devastate any undead. But I suppose that means getting close enough for it to kill you with a touch.

Does this mystery lich have a name?
"

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
"Lich are no ordinary undead, they are casters who has found immortality into undeath, so usual mean to destroy undead will hardly work. And for killing it right there, we have Charlarn and Goruksblain and enough people to watch over him while he fight it, but I doubt a frontal assault will be the way to destroy it forever." answers Opale.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads