Status
Not open for further replies.

Wik

First Post
Galwynn rolls his eyes. "Blah blah blah? Is that what i sound like?"

He looks at Rapture, smirking.

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag leans over and says to Rapture, "Excuse me, lass - do you have a kerchief I can borrow. Ah, many thanks!"

"Now Galwynn, you grab his arms. Hold him down. I'll just tie this around his mouth. Tommy, surely you know a sleep spell, something to keep him subdued?"

He turns to Rilithorne, confiding in a quiet voice, "Otherwise, you see, he'd just keep going ... and I doubt you have a fortnight to spare."

Trouvere

Explorer
"A fortnight? Nonsense! Not more than another five or six hours, I shouldn't think," says Keldar. "Hmmmm... Perhaps I should skip on to a more exciting part. Now this is certainly my favourite section."

A flint fist flailing found foolhardy Galwynn,
Snapped back his skull, sent his feet staggering,
Flattened his face so his features were frightful;
Blood burst from his brow; his braincase was broken;
Gobbets of gore on the ground spattered;
Crushed was his cranium; he came close to dying.
Our hero took heed – his left hand held healing:
A potion he pressed in the poor farmer’s palm.
His right hand wreaked ruin, relieving Rapture,
Flame to ash falling, felled by a flange
Of metal morningstar, with might wielded.
Down Galwynn drank to the dregs the dear potion –
The fee for the flask was fifty bright crowns,
But money well managed, for moving forward
The earth elemental attacked him again,
Slamming his side where he stood on the staircase,
Dropping him dying in the dust of the floor.
A spell then he spake, the stripling mage Tommy,
To send grease sliding on the stones of the floor.
So faltered or fell their foes for a moment.
Keldar with courage then clubbed the creature
That had Galwynn hurt, and hard did he hammer
Such that a second stroke as it stood slew it.​
"I'm sure that will get an audience on its feet."

Trouvere

Explorer
"What? No!" protests Keldar, keeping a wary eye on the kerchief, but showing no signs of chanting further. "Rapture, dear, I'm just teasing Galwynn."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Rilithorne smiles, Keldar's amateur attempt at an epic doesn't quite impress him, but it does amuse him. He claps a couple of times and laughs, and then, "A for effort, young man, you're a good sport to put up with this lot! Don't let them bring you down." With a wink, Rilithorne stands. A waitress comes over to get his plate, but the mage waves her away. "No, no, don't bother." With a flick of his fingers, he sends his glass and plate flying over to the bar, where the dirty plates sit. "Thanks for dinner, Joe. And thank you, for the company. Friendship is a valuable thing, don't let go of it. Farewell!" Rilithorne leaves the Red Dragon Inn.

Boddynock

First Post
"Ah, well, that was nice. Now, I think I'll get a good night's sleep and then go to the forge in the morning. I've been away for far too long. Galwynn, I doubt that there'll be any problems on your return to Thyrin's tower. Would you be able to pick up my reward for me? I'm keen to start work again."

"Which reminds me. Do any of you want some work done? I'd be happy to give you a good price on weapons or armour. Or, indeed, if you want any items of the sort that Thyrin offered us, I'm pretty sure I've worked out how he does it. So ... is there anything you want?"

Wik

First Post
Galwynn looks at the blade in his hands. "I realize this blade isn't as good, or as sharp, as it could be. But I don't want to leave it. When I return from Grenton, perhaps you could look over it, make a few small adjustments?"

OOC: Really, turn my Greatsword into a MW Greatsword. And, of course, Galwynn will help with craft points, etc.

How much would it cost? Because the rest is being spent on Grenton somehow.

Boddynock

First Post
Wik said:
Galwynn looks at the blade in his hands. "I realize this blade isn't as good, or as sharp, as it could be. But I don't want to leave it. When I return from Grenton, perhaps you could look over it, make a few small adjustments?"

OOC: Really, turn my Greatsword into a MW Greatsword. And, of course, Galwynn will help with craft points, etc.

How much would it cost? Because the rest is being spent on Grenton somehow.
OOC: Theoretically, we're not supposed to turn an ordinary weapon into a MW weapon. However, if we assume a value equal to half the market value, and deduct that from the raw materials cost of the MW weapon, I see no reason why we couldn't roleplay a recasting of the existing blade.

Let's see: a MW greatsword cost 350 gp. If you're going to kick in half the craft points (does Galwynn have any ranks in Craft(weaponsmith)?), then Tarag will charge 60% of market price, or 210 gp. 210-25 = 185 gp. So all up he'll have to find 185 gp to pay for the new sword, which we'll say is a reworking of the old one.

Wik

First Post
OOC: Yeah, while in game terms it'd be making tweaks to his existing sword, in mechanical terms, I'd just be paying for a new one.

And no, Galwynn has no ranks in Weaponsmithing. Does that mean he can't contribue craft points? I thought he could.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads