City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Trouvere said:
Keldar begins to laugh: "Made by, not from!" But hearing Kurgahz's response, he stops short. Slowly, tentatively, he slaps the half-orc's shoulder, as high as he can reach. "A prisoner of an orc tribe? You have my sympathy. I am glad you found your freedom."
"Freedom, yess. And all I had to do to earn it was kill both of my fatherss." Kurgahz responds morosely before taking a long pull of drink from his keg to dull the memories a little more...

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC RA said...]
Rystil Arden said:
(OOC: Actually, she only went on half of a mini-adventure ;) I can only say that I don't know. Maybe I should institute some sort of way for you guys stuck in the tavern to help me move IA/BotES forward. It's the first adventure I started here, but due to posting speed, it won't end :lol:

When the event happens, it will recruit up to six full teams of adventures of various levels (though the teams will need to be arranged to send the stronger ones all together on one, the weaker all together on others, since some of them are easier than others). It will have special rewards, a huge exciting climax, and hopefully a bunch of tie-ins :))

(OOC: That's the idea. So far I have 0 confirmed potential GMs/Judges who want to help me out with tie-ins, but we'll see what happens. Also, the six simultaneous adventures are just the first part )
[/sblock]
[sblock=question/response]OOC: So, is there anything we can do to move things forward for you or to help with the tie-ins or other adventures? What do you need to help the IA/BotES move forward? With as many characters in the RDI right now, something that would recruit 6 full teams would be great! I haven't GM'd anything here yet, but I'd be willing to try if it meant helping get something as big as this event to come to fruition. I've DM'd for plenty of years in real life so I've got lots of practice.[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Phoenix8008 said:
"Freedom, yess. And all I had to do to earn it was kill both of my fatherss." Kurgahz responds morosely before taking a long pull of drink from his keg to dull the memories a little more...
"Two daddies, eh?" says Keldar. "Not that there's anything wrong with that!"

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Hey Phoenix8008--to move the groups, you could try volunteering to jump into the Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins threads to ghost one of the missing characters and play super-gung-ho and get them moving ;)

As for helping out, I'd love the help. I'll probably be running 4 or 5 of the 6 primary games myself, but if you'd like to run a game that supports this mega-event, please give me your e-mail address or drop me a line at my gmail (which is just my username here, but all one word) and I'll send you the RotLW FAQ)[/SBLOCK]

Someone

Adventurer
Trouvere said:

ooc: If English isn't his first language is a quite underestandable mistake to use "fathers" instead of "parents". Specially if your mother tongue is spanish, which I don't know if it's Phoenix8008's case or not.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Could also be a gay orc couple, or a society with different rules on parenting than our own (i.e. communal raising, and maybe they are so misogynistic that the women are treated as breeding and milk engines and not a part of raising, so they get one father to teach them the stories of glorious bloody battle, hating every other race, and orc culture, and another father to teach them how to murder things with axes ;))

Trouvere

Explorer
Someone said:
ooc: If English isn't his first language is a quite underestandable mistake to use "fathers" instead of "parents". Specially if your mother tongue is spanish, which I don't know if it's Phoenix8008's case or not.
OOC - he meant it as written. Judging by the character background, the two fathers are his orcish biological father, and his human foster father. Keldar not knowing that, he's going to assume something along the lines of what RA suggested.

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
OOC: ROTFLOL!

"Was m'lord cared for by someone other than his birth father? Tis quite common as a s... in Rheim," Rapture says empathicaly to the Half-Orc. "Killing them though, why would someone make you do that m'lord?"

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Killing them though, why would someone make you do that m'lord?"
"I didn't care to ask him that," Keldar whispers to Rapture. "Do you think he lived in the most tastefully decorated hut in the village, and grew tired of throw rugs and doilies?"

OOC - uh oh... Keldar's a homophobe, or at least finds the idea of Queer Eye (of Gruumsh?) for the Straight Orc amusing.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Solange said:
OOC: ROTFLOL!

"Was m'lord cared for by someone other than his birth father? Tis quite common as a s... in Rheim," Rapture says empathicaly to the Half-Orc. "Killing them though, why would someone make you do that m'lord?"
"Yess, that wass it. Quick verssion iss that orc dad raped human mom who died birthing me. The priesst who delivered me raissed me till I got kidnapped by orc dad'ss tribe. When Tindal the priesst came to ssave me, he and Kal Duka fought to near death with each other. Each begged me to finissh off the other. I ssaw how both humanss and orcss were no different and each as bloodthirssty as the other. Tired of trying to be like one or the other, I granted both requestss and slew them both to sstart finding mysself."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads