• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

City of Orussus, The Red Dragon Inn X

Status
Not open for further replies.

EternalSword

First Post
Auric Neuman

A man in shiny scale mail walks in the front door and over to Joe.
As if he already knows the drill, he turns to the patrons and says Hello, everyone. The name's Auric.

He turns back to Joe. Any current jobs in?

Trouvere

Explorer
"Better a witty fool than a foolish wit!" calls back Keldar, laughing. "When I visit your village, we shall see whether they erect a scaffold, or a statue!"

Solange

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Ah, yes, learning to handle a sword?" replies Keldar.
"No, that I learned from the Freefolk. I wasn't allowed to touch a sword until then." Rapture says.
Trouvere said:
"Oh, but they take themselves so seriously, and want others live up to their impossible standards." He leans in confidentially. "Take my friend Galwynn, paladin of Halina, here. Know why he's sitting morosely in the Dragon instead of out there defending farmers? None of them could ever plough a field in furrows straight enough for his liking!"
Wik said:
Galwyn grumbles underneath his breath, and shoots a glare at Keldar. "Careful there, fool. Fifty years ago, our village hung people like you." He cracks a sad smile.

Turning to Rapture, he calls out across the room, "Don't listen to him about paladins. He obviously gets his stories secondhand."
"Oh, I'm well aware, being one myself," Rapture says with a demure smile. "The love of Valessa guides my hand as I hope to defend all that is good and free. Everyone has the right to be free and to love, and no one should be forced to endure what ... others force them to."

She quickly changes the topic yet again. She's quite good at that, "Halina you say m'lord? Tis a noble goddess indeed. The loving mother everyone deserves."

Solange

First Post
EternalSword said:
A man in shiny scale mail walks in the front door and over to Joe.
As if he already knows the drill, he turns to the patrons and says Hello, everyone. The name's Auric.

He turns back to Joe. Any current jobs in?
"Greetings m'lord," says a lovely woman sipping wine. "I am Rapture. Come, join us in drink and chat while we wait for the fates to call upon our services.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Halina..." Lasair says with a sigh, "Be careful. That entity's catechisms seem benign enough, but some towns use her to conceal their evil intent. Such is the case with a place called Covington not far from here. The mayor there is a monstrous beast of a man who sought to treat his daughter like a...I think the word I was told you Westerners use is 'slave'...the concept of a slave is foreign to me...terrible..."

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
Solange said:
"Oh, I'm well aware, being one myself," Rapture says with a demure smile.
"Ah," says Keldar. "Ah. Why bother to visit Galwynn's village, when I apparently have given myself enough rope already?"

Richard Rawen

First Post
Richard walks down the stairs in his soft leathers, the layers of weapons removed along with the road etched dirt.
"Was that singing I heard earlier?" Turning to Rinya, "They're drawing a fresh steaming full brass tub for ya... " The youth smiles as he walks over to Rowan, asking for some stout from the barmaid as he approaches the veteran. As much to the Lady Elf as to Rowan he asks,
"Anything? Tis well and good to be fed and rested, yet I've naught the funds to frequent the shops and there's that matter of impending doom that makes sleep fleeting."

Trouvere

Explorer
Rystil Arden said:
"Halina..." Lasair says with a sigh, "Be careful. That entity's catechism's seem benign enough, but some towns use her to conceal their evil intent. Such is the case with a place called Covington not far from here. The mayor there is a monstrous beast of a man who sought to treat his daughter like a...I think the word I was told you Westerners use is 'slave'...the concept of a slave is foreign to me...terrible..."
"Ah hah! I knew it! What say you now, Galwynn?" cries Keldar, with impudent mischief in his eyes. "Are you from Covington?"

Wik

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
"Halina..." Lasair says with a sigh, "Be careful. That entity's catechism's seem benign enough, but some towns use her to conceal their evil intent. Such is the case with a place called Covington not far from here. The mayor there is a monstrous beast of a man who sought to treat his daughter like a...I think the word I was told you Westerners use is 'slave'...the concept of a slave is foreign to me...terrible..."

"Well then, those people are monsters. Has the problem been solved? Because, if it has not, then I thank you for your information, and I will gather a troop of loyal warriors of Halina and rectify the problem immediately."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads